I have an Ibanex 350DX and the floyd on it is a pain in the ass so i want to make it a fixes fridge so i dont need to lock it etc.

What ccould i do that dosent involve buying a new bridge??
get a trem stopper or something so that u dont end up using the trem when palm muting or something
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
put something under the place of the trem, so it won't be able to stretch the strings up. my teacher told he sometimes puts a creditcard under and it helped.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Strategicly shove crap round the bridge from the back of the guitar so it cant move. My crap of choice is corks from wine bottles.
so like where the springs are round the back..there's a little gap right...do i shove bits of 'crap' in there to stop the strings moving??
This is called "Blocking the Trem"

A piece of wood works wonders. Put it in the cavity behind the trem in that space, it will prevent the tremolo from moving back and forth to compensate the strings, so it will act as a fixed bridge, instead of a floating bridge.

Hope this more detailed information helps.

Dont just shove random "crap" in there.
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
Quote by etherealprince
This is called "Blocking the Trem"

A piece of wood works wonders. Put it in the cavity behind the trem in that space, it will prevent the tremolo from moving back and forth to compensate the strings, so it will act as a fixed bridge, instead of a floating bridge.

Hope this more detailed information helps.

Dont just shove random "crap" in there.

So if i put the bits of wood in there, it wont need to lock it of anything?? because thats what im aiming for, just to be able to tune it using the things at the top(forgot their name)
or, if u still want a trem that wont move when ur palm mutin heavily just use a Kahler

Kahlers kick Floyd Rose's shiny metal A$$
Gooby Pls.
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
or, if u still want a trem that wont move when ur palm mutin heavily just use a Kahler

Kahlers kick Floyd Rose's shiny metal A$$

This is true but Kahlers are hard to find.

I havent checked lately, but I did hear that they were putting Kahlers back into production. My 1986 RR V has an old Kahler on it, and yes, they do put floyds to shame.

Although(off topic), the floyd locking nut is better than the kahler locking nut. Id use a floyd nut with a kahler trem ;P
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
kahlers are back in production, but this guy said he dont want a new bridge... unfortunately, the only way to avoid the whole bullshit with the locking and the fine tuners is... another bridge, and then you have the problem of the huge gaping hole in the guitar that the old one left behind...

"You're a MESS!"
Just stuff the woods here, you can now fully screw in your fine tuners for more comfort.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
will the blocks of wood stop the bridge from moving completely basically i want it to act like the bridge of strat or anything along those line
well, there is the option of removing the trem, glueing in a block of wood to fill the cavity, re-routing for a strat bridge, refinishing and fitting a new strat bridge... or you can leave as is and at least have fully stable tuning even if it is a swine to re-string....

"You're a MESS!"
the trick in the picture will work fine though i wouldn't advice glueing them there since there may come a time when you'll want to remove them again.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club