Hey all, this is going to sound a bit n00by.

I can play power chords easy, im just having problems getting them a bit quicker for metal songs, im especially struggling with going down the fretboard away from my body, how could i improve this?

Another question, i can play well sitting down but when i stand up, it all goes wierd and i start hitting the wrong string...

Thanks
If you cant play standing up well then you've gotta either raise the guitar by shortening the strap or just get used to the guitar being lower and do all your practicing whilst standing up. As for the power chords down the fretboard, its easier to play them when the guitar is lower because you don't have to move your hand too far from your body.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
not much you can really do but practice
Quote by ledhendrix711
do u guys know where i can get guitar tabs ive bin lookin every where on the internet..

Quote by Muphin
I take the strings off before I smash my guitars. I usually go through about 2 a week. It's mad fun.
Quote by Stevie B
If you cant play standing up well then you've gotta either raise the guitar by shortening the strap or just get used to the guitar being lower and do all your practicing whilst standing up. As for the power chords down the fretboard, its easier to play them when the guitar is lower because you don't have to move your hand too far from your body.

He doesn't nee to practice standing up, his muscles just need to know the notes enough...

Anyway... just keep practicing and increasing speed then you'll get there
Well technically (Really technically) 2 strings is a doublestop, not a power chord, but yeah you can, in fact I often do and in some songs it doesn't matter too much. Do what feels comfortable and as you get better you can adjust.

Since you play in E (I'm assuming) power chords are gonna be harder than if you play more modern metal which often requires downtuning. Some people don't like that, but whatever a lot of bands do it, even good ones. So depending on whose songs you are playing, you may want to consider dropping to D tuning, or lower perhaps.