Page 1 of 2
Because if you do, it's a shame...

By all means let us have a discussion about how games like these can consume lives... I find it very weird and sometimes frustrating... I have some friends in sweden playing it and thats jus tplain boring. I mean come on whats so freaking good about it?
It's fun....

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that the world has to stop playing man.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I stopped...too destructive :/
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
Hey that's not ´my question. What's good about it? enlighten me?

Rhotaga

(anybody saw that American dad episode?)
i dont play this game but my buddy bought it and is addicted to it. i think its the fact that theres so much to do and it takes a long while to complete.. i think thats possibly it.. oh and the fact that your with millions of people around the world? ye.. that must be it.
Quote by insideac
Think of it like this, if a lesbian were truly a lesbian, then why would they use dildos and vibrators?

LOLOLOLOL!
Well i bought it some time ago and played for about a month...then i quit because i got bored with it. I don't see what's so good about it either.
Quote by Saitoh
Well i bought it some time ago and played for about a month...then i quit because i got bored with it. I don't see what's so good about it either.

hehe. one of my friends here in Vienna did the same thing. It really eats up your wallet if you polay it a lot though doesn't it?
^It's only $15 a month, or $13 a month if you buy 6 months at a time.
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Threadstarter, you've been here like a day. It's almost like you joined to try and tell us not to play WoW.

But I've heard it's fun. Maybe that's why people play it.
I'm a hardcore WoW player. First of all, you can't play the game for a month and then call it boring, because the best part of the game is the end game content that takes many months to get good enough to do. Finding a good guild and talking to a bunch of cool guys in vent while getting leet gear....

It's fun!
nerds
A fuckin' Camel bited in my right hand!

Gear:

Gibson SG Standard!!!!
Ibanez GRG 170 DX
Peavey Classic 30
Behringer GM 108 (sucks!!!!)
Marshall MS-2
Boss MT-2
Jim Dunlop CryBaby
Zoom G2.1u
2 crappy Acoustics
Quote by Gibson__SG
nerds

Damn straight!
- FJ

my friend plays wow and he can't stop playing it. He plays it all the time!!!
Quote by marcusnn
Hey that's not ´my question. What's good about it? enlighten me?

Rhotaga

(anybody saw that American dad episode?)

you sir, are a moron, making assumptions from a cartoon?
Quote by Gibson__SG
nerds

Face it....... guitar players are just nerds in tight jeans
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by groll01

i dont wear tight jeans ..... i may have been born in the 80's but i certainly dont approve of them
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I've played it at a friends house, it was boring as ****. But then, I'm not really that into video games, if I'll play anything it'd be a simple shooting game like Doom or something.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
my friend got it, playied for a month and was bored with it,

there far better games out like Call of Duty 2
One of my best friends became "addicted" to WOW a few years ago and at first I felt really resentful towards the game and the people who made it.

And then I grew up. Looking back on it, I realised that this guy was always a bit of a recluse and an introvert, and that if he was more comfortable staying in his room playing the game then good for him. He still gets good grades and every now and again you see him walking his dog or having a driving lesson. I miss the old him, mainly because I don't really get the chance to talk to him unless I play with him; but he's happy so I'm happy.

So y'know. Cut the people who play it a lot some slack; different strokes for different folks right?
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Quote by groll01

Erm.... Not really
Well, I played it for.. I don't know, maybe an hour, then I started yawning and wanted to sleep. The game is boring. And it's not that I don't enjoy "action RPGs" like Diablo n co. WoW is just uninteresting.

But that doesn't mean I haven't seen people who are hooked. What is so captivating about this game, explain it to me. Some people I know have missed an entire year of university because they play for 10+ hours a day. Get a life.

Anyone who plays games out of compulsion, and not solely for personal entertainment, is a weak minded fool.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Gibson__SG
nerds

said a person who posted on an online forum...
My Spanish Hearts
My girlfriend is addicted to WoW. She even said she would pay for my subscription if I got the game. Funny thing is I can't tell if she was serious or not.
I play with a couple of the other staff members. Staff members = cool, so WoW = cool.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Quote by GrungePb
my friend got it, playied for a month and was bored with it,

there far better games out like Call of Duty 2

Agreed.

My brother plays it, I know another guitarist who does. I played it for a total time of about two days, and it didn't really get me interested.. especially when my brother's computer had no sound half the time.

But we're slagging off WOW when all we do is play guitar all day, spend lots of money on it, and have no friends as a consequence.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by SavageNights
Agreed.

My brother plays it, I know another guitarist who does. I played it for a total time of about two days, and it didn't really get me interested.. especially when my brother's computer had no sound half the time.

But we're slagging off WOW when all we do is play guitar all day, spend lots of money on it, and have no friends as a consequence.

Yeah, the first time I played WoW I only knew one person who played and it was BORING as hell. But a few of my friends got started so I started playing again and it's tons of fun now. It just depends on who you're playing with.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
I wouldn't mind, but you have to pay for the game and then cough up more money for the server fee's!. I mean when i buy a game, i dont expect to pay anymore than i just did.
It would also help if MMORPG's didnt get boring after a week.

"Oh look, i have the privilege of being the proud owner of World of Warcraft where i can stand in a virtual field, with my virtual character, killing virtual boars, using my virtual powers whilst Blizzard take my REAL money."

There are also plenty free MMORPG's out there. Emphasis on free.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
I like it because of the PvP, killing other people while theyre trying to accomplish something and what not. Played it way too much over summer though. almost 15 hours a day. I used to raid and get epics for my guy. For some reason getting the good items was addiciting. It was like I won a non-existant lottery!
I play...

kinda alot....but eh..it's fun and i have nothing else to do...and i still keep up with my life...a girlfriend...guitar....going out places...

It's just a matter of how addicted you want to be...

But to all the people who said it's so boring..well duh every game is boring the first 2 hours...

Kinda like guitar...who in the world could say they actually liked the first 2 months of learning all the notes chords and all that shit...
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
I'm a Hardcore raider in wow. I spend 5 days playing the game for less than 3 hours a day and have Beaten all instances except Naxx. We are on Gluth. I play it when I drink, better than watching tv. After raid I hang out with friends, have more to drink. Then sleep. Life = fun, WoW = fun. Though I am thinking of quitting my guild with TBC comming out tuesday. I need to write more music (though I just completed a full 70min albums worth).
Quote by jman32892006
I'm a hardcore WoW player. First of all, you can't play the game for a month and then call it boring, because the best part of the game is the end game content that takes many months to get good enough to do. Finding a good guild and talking to a bunch of cool guys in vent while getting leet gear....

It's fun!

I have a life. I highly recommend getting one, too.

Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
I'm a Hardcore raider in wow. I spend 5 days playing the game for less than 3 hours a day and have Beaten all instances except Naxx. We are on Gluth. I play it when I drink, better than watching tv. After raid I hang out with friends, have more to drink. Then sleep. Life = fun, WoW = fun. Though I am thinking of quitting my guild with TBC comming out tuesday. I need to write more music (though I just completed a full 70min albums worth).

You could use one, too. See, life is like an online game but better. You can meet with billions of different people and be loved. You can have a life outside of your bedroom, and you won't end up morbidly obese. Trust me, life > WoW.
Quote by SchecterGates

Kinda like guitar...who in the world could say they actually liked the first 2 months of learning all the notes chords and all that shit...

I came very close to giving up. I was getting really pissed off that I could pull off a D chord.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by groll01

You're stupid, I wear nothing close to tight jeans, if you're going to be going crazy on stage while playing guitar, you need something to air out your legs....Now the stereotype of emo kids being "nerds in tight jeans" would have been a much better assumption
Waffles Are Like Pancakes With Syrup Traps...

-Mitch Hedberg
I'm going to finish setting it up tonight. I hope it doesn't consume my life
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
you know what i told my friends in lastyear (around may 06 or june 06) that the next game would come along and wow would become obselete . guess what ? they now have a xbox 360 ( all 4 of them have one ) and they all are playing either oblivion or gears of war . i play gears of war aswell but not to thier extent ( 5-6 hours a week at most) i still play guitar and if i play xbox more than 1 hour a day i play guitar for 5.
i have a chance to get the new special edition to sell on ebay, but its hardly worth it (only like 50 bucks or so)

WoW nerds are the fukking worst :lol:
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
i remember that south park episode "make love not warcraft". genius.

i play warcraft 3 frozen throne now and then but yeah... i don't play WOW, too poor.
DANK MEMES
Quote by Aidy Damage
You could use one, too. See, life is like an online game but better. You can meet with billions of different people and be loved. You can have a life outside of your bedroom, and you won't end up morbidly obese. Trust me, life > WoW.

Ya I have one of the, Most likely better than the one you have. I make well over 30 grand a year in a Job I barely work at and screw around more than anything. Still being one of their best employees world wide. I am a signed recording artist with an album coming out soon. I have a girlfriend, and plenty of other friends. I fail to see the point of having to claim I do not have a life. It is you, who find it necessary to demean people on an anonymous internet forum, that does not have a life. You could be outside spending it with people, why are you posting on a forum.
Page 1 of 2