Hi

Can anyone recommend some software for recording. I play guitar (well, I'm still learning) and I want to make my own songs.

I have a laptop and a big external hard drive. I need some software to play guitar into (either by mic or guitar port which im thinking of getting) and then have effects or drum loops etc to accompany the guitar / singing.

I should point out its electric guitar.

Any ideas of software that comes with sound fonts / drum loops etc. Doesn't have to be free.
always in the poo, only the depth changes
Hey, GM - do you know if it "enhances" voice a la professional software - my voice isn't the absolute strongest and needs a little "boost".
search the threads. there is a thread that has a lot of recording software. Yes all of those can "enhance" your voice.
Quote by GuitarMind88
here's one my fellow rocker try www.audacity.com it records everything has chorus anything you want it's pretty suitable for doing the things you want to do with it

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Thanks for the advice guys!
If you get the Guitar Port and use Audacity, you can set Audacity to record directly from Guitar Port. It records directly from the USB so it's extremely clean. With all of the effects and stuff in Guitar Port, you can get just about any sound you want. Plus, for $100 (without the Rifftracking Software) you can't beat it in my opinion.

I use that to load into Propellerheads Reason. I load it into Recycle and export it to a .rex file. If you're familiar with Reason, you can then play it through the Dr. Rex loop player.

If you are using Reason, or another sequencing program, using the Guitar Port and Audacity will let you play the composition in the background while you play the guitar to it. Since it's running through the USB, Audacity will only pick up the input signal from the Guitar Port.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge