OK well this is something i've been wondering for a while(dunno if its been asked before). I know the story behind blackie is that Eric Clapton bought 6 strats gave three of them away and then built blackie from the best parts of the remaining three. My question is what happened to the rest of the parts for the two guitars that were left over?
Well besides of Blackie he had another signature guitars, you can search pictures on google.
Looking for a new sig!
i know about the other signature guitars i just wonder what happened to the parts that were left ovewr from blackies construction
blackie is his sig guitar
|_1√3 1|\| yΩ|_|® \/\/®|_D 93+ p\/\/n3d 1|\| 1\/11|\|3

I Love to Drink Bawls!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
No one really knows. I saw this same question in a decent UK guitar magazine and they didn't have a clue and couldn't find out it would seem. Seems doubtful Clapton would remember himself.
Well from what i know Blackie wasn't the first guitar which was from other guitars. Id guess some of them went to other guitars or so.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
From what I remember, he initially bought 6 strats...3 of them went away as gifts to George Harrison, Pete Townshend and Steve Winwood. As far as the fate of the other parts that weren't good enough for blackie...probably thrown away. Either that, or there are 2 guitars floating around that were simply not good enough for god.
Well I think the only part of the guitar that gave its body to Blackie that was any good was the body itself - apparently the electronics were terrible, in particular - so I guess the fate of that guitar and the two others was to be thrown out after Clatpon had done stealing their best bits.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.