gear building and customising?? straplocks?

Dunlop, but that little plastic disk isn't a mod to your guitar...

"You're a MESS!"
I have Schallers on my LP, they're really good, but if you also have an LP, you'll have to either insert toothpicks into the bottom screw hole or file the head of the Gibson screw (I did the second one).

I've never tried Dunlop though.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
In my experience, Schallers are the best. They've got a little extra security since they wrap around the entire strap button, almost like a cup. If the plunger in the lock fails, you've still got that cup part holding the strap on.
I have two sets of Schallers (one isn't on anything at the moment, as they are going on my double neck). The other set is on my RG. I really like them.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by liquidstate
gear building and customising?? straplocks?

Dunlop, but that little plastic disk isn't a mod to your guitar...

Well it sure as hell is gear building so f**k off. Pointless remarks on your half.
Definitely those Dunlop little plastic discs.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Definitely those Dunlop little plastic discs.

Got a pic of those? I saw some dunlop straplocks but they didnt have a plastic disc as far as I could tell
Quote by Cinder
Got a pic of those? I saw some dunlop straplocks but they didnt have a plastic disc as far as I could tell

They usually have 'em in little buckets at the guitarstore counter.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I find washers to be cheaper and more durable.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I found washers to be harmful and eventually lead to stripping. Added onto the fact that you wont' be able ot take off the strap without unscrewing.

I personally liek schallers, they are solid metal and have a very sturdy design, it feels like it wont' break on you.
Quote by kaplac
I found washers to be harmful and eventually lead to stripping. Added onto the fact that you wont' be able ot take off the strap without unscrewing.

I personally liek schallers, they are solid metal and have a very sturdy design, it feels like it wont' break on you.

I don't have any problems with stripping on my strat :-p.
Quote by Kensai
A bit. I'm about 10 minutes south of Seattle. Vancouver is... Way the hell that wayyy isn't it?
Quote by Kensai
haha exactly

I like like ten miles north of portland. I can reap all the benefits of no taxes but not have to live with all the homos portland breeds. Not that theres anythign wrong with them..
yeh whatever i use those litte dunlop disks and they work a treat and can be removed in like a second flat
i perfer schallers. my friend had 3 pairs of dunlops break on him. they break off inside the guitar (the pin ones) and he asked me what i would do, and he got schallers, and loves them.

i would go schaller
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I use Dunlop Strap-Loks.

They work like a charm.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
I'm going with Dunlop disk after reading this. Also, my friend has those disk and says they work great.
I use Schallers but the DiMarzio clip locks are supposed to be very good
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.