I'm going to a concert of Therion in february. My girlfriend is really into 'm and asked me to go with her. I haven't heard any of their songs. So can you describe their music and recommend me some songs? You can also discuss other subjects which have to do with this band here.
The Haunted fan club #1 (PM me to join)
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Member #3 of the METAL MISSIONARIES club
Member #8 of the anti CoF club
#10 MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB
They are quite power metal, heavy, and have a low screamer i think
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Not exactly Power Metal. Symphonic doom metal could be used to describe them.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Quote by reef_d
Not exactly Power Metal. Symphonic doom metal could be used to describe them.

ya, and early stuff was death metal
My sig is better than yours
Aren't they orchestral Goth metal?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
^comes closer. I don' think they're a great live act with all the orchestral stuff that has to be from tape. Might see them in Feb aswell, as support for Grave Digger. I might end up getting some new beer and taking a piss while Therion plays...
Description : Amazing orchestral metal
Recomendation : Anything from theli and after
if you want to listen to more doomy music try ..Of darkness, Beyond Sanctorum and Symphony Masses Ho Drakon Ho Megas.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Description : Amazing orchestral metal
Recomendation : Anything from theli and after

I second that.

I would definitely start with Theli which is imo one of their best and they will for sure play some songs from that album live.

I saw them live and it was a good show, it wasn't exceptional (probably caus the crowd was so damn small that there was little atmosphere in the place), but the music was top notch.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by chemicalsolutio
I would definitely start with Theli which is imo one of their best and they will for sure play some songs from that album live

They always play something from theli. Invocation of naamah is a classic. Then they usually play opus Eclipse and Cults of the shadow.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
I think Lepaca Kliffoth (sp?) is awesome! Just cant get tired of listening to that album.

Also, their latest (or at least in my collection) sirius B is good. Probably best to listen to their newer material than waste your time with their older stuff . cause they are gonna play their newer stuff more I would think.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
Buy their newest, Gothic Kabbalah. It's already clear to be an album of the year candidate for '07, and I'd say it's their strongest effort yet.
im gonna see them somewhere in feb, i dont realy know wich date, but these suggestions are useful guys, since i dont realy know them :snyper:
every man dies, not every man really lives

Originally Posted by Guitarplaya27
god so all those weird noises on those songs were bass...

jesus christ i like them
Quote by stygian87
im gonna see them somewhere in feb, i dont realy know wich date, but these suggestions are useful guys, since i dont realy know them :snyper:

Are you going to Tilburg or Groningen? It's Groningen for me.
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Quote by Davidian
Lol ga je daarna nog uit?

ik heb geen idee of ik na Therion nog verderop ga in Groningen. Ik overnacht in Groningen in een of ander Bed & Breakfast appartement Parkstad of zo. Ik weet niet tot hoe laat ik daar naar binnen mag. Ook weet ik niet of mijn vriendin wel zin heb om nog verder te gaan. Ik ben ook nog nooit in Groningen geweest, dus zijn er nog leuke kroegen?
Wie weet kom ik je daar dan tegen. Je kan mij herkennen als een mafkees met lang rood haar.
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Quote by TheHaunted
ik heb geen idee of ik na Therion nog verderop ga in Groningen. Ik overnacht in Groningen in een of ander Bed & Breakfast appartement Parkstad of zo. Ik weet niet tot hoe laat ik daar naar binnen mag. Ook weet ik niet of mijn vriendin wel zin heb om nog verder te gaan. Ik ben ook nog nooit in Groningen geweest, dus zijn er nog leuke kroegen?
Wie weet kom ik je daar dan tegen. Je kan mij herkennen als een mafkees met lang rood haar.

Vera, veel metalheads maar geen metalmuziek.

Voor een metal bar moet je naar "de ster" gaan
has anybody heard their cover of Fight Fire with Fire, that=ownage
Quote by yawn
Wikipedia articles are my inspiration.

www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Custom Strat
Roland Cube 30 (soon upgrading to Peavy Valveking 112)
Danelectro FAB Metal
Marshall VT-1

RIP Chris Benoit
mhh I guess I saw them live... somewhat. I went to the Grave Digger concert two weeks ago, where Therion actually played as headliner. I guess they were musically speaking pretty good but after a perfect metal party with lots of beer and Grave Digger they didn't really fascinate me that much, so I went to get autopraphs from GD and Sabaton and I don't regret it.
Quote by Charlatan_001
To Mega Therion is a sweet song.

Err...isn't that Celtic Frost?
I've found Jesus
Nightside of Eden is great.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Contraband
Err...isn't that Celtic Frost?

It's a Celtic Frost album, but Therion has a song called To Mega Therion.

It confused the hell outta me too.