so im pretty sure u know what this one is about but i used medium dean markleys and i noticed this item that when u apply it to the strings they wont squek when u slide from one barred chord to another. so my question is does this stuff really work?
Are you talking about This?

I dunno how well it works, I used to use it sometimes but then I started buying good strings and lifting my fingers on barre chord changes and the problem pretty much disappeared.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Some strings come with the coating on them to reduce string squeeking, with a slight hit on the brightness of the sound.

It should work, I dont see why not.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
Steel on the inside, space-age polymer on the outside!

Gauges 13-17-26-35-45-56.

Elixirs are the first major innovation in guitar strings in over forty years, and they deliver what they promise: great tone and long life no matter what you put them on or how often you play.

Elixir Acoustic Guitar Strings are covered with an ultrathin, space-age polymer tube that contacts the string on the tops of the windings only. This leaves the all-important winding-to-winding-to-core space free from the fear of the enemies of tone!

Most players report that Elixir Strings keep sounding great 3 to 5 times longer than ordinary strings.

Get some real strings bro!
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 13, 2007,
I'd actually recommend the Nanowebs, but anything coated should fix the problem. I used the spray stuff for a while on my Seagull when I used to use uncoated Martins, it just smelled funny and gave me headaches.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless