what is the added charges someone would need to add to a guitar if its Shipped from america to the UK? is it just 17.5% for tax and 3% for import duties or is there more?

Need a reply ASAP

PSN ID: ArranP
I called the dutch douane today... i asked the same thing

I got told 2% for importing and 19% tax (dutch tax) still cheaper for me to import a mesa then buying it here...

You also need to think of transport costs
the shippings all good transport and what not just need to know the added costs that the goverment screw you over with. My great math tells me im saving almost 200 for imporing it. thats why i need 2 make sure there arnt any more costs than the supposed 17.5% and 3%

hehe i calculated for mesa

saw 1500 dollar on ebay
it's 3500 dollar here.

with all and everything counted it'll be max 1900 dollar .... +/- 1500 euro/1600 euro max (towards 2700 if i buy it here in the store)
same for me here, £850 for a guitar or with shipping and insurance its £657 from the states, not a huge saving but every penny counts!

If you can ask them to send it as a gift, if you are real lucky it ll fly through customs without the added tax. though i do live in Ireland. got my boss GT 6,Aria electric and Fernades Ravelle tax free from the US. though I did have to play an extra 50 euro for delivery for the fernandes when it arrived , since customs kept retuning it back to the US :/
If at first you dont succeed,
dragon slaying is not for you.

Last edited by RaV3nous at Jan 12, 2007,
i guess somewhere around the 23% mark. http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_PROD_009989&propertyType=document

from memory, if you click the pdf link, it has guitars in there somewhere.

EDIT:^ you won't get off with declaring it as a gift, don't even try it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?