Well, I couldn't take mine on board with me but they put it in with the baggage. Do you have a gig bag or a case? A case would definitley be better.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

There was one of these yesterday, but I can't be bothered finding it. It depends when you're going and who you're flying with. I flew from America to England on Air India with a guitar as hand-luggage, they didn't care, and didn't even ask to see if it was actually a guitar. This was a week before the suspected plane terrorist attacks in the summer, so I guess I was just lucky.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
When I went back to Italy, Summer 2006; a man was carrying his acoustic in his Gibson case onboard the plane.

So it is possible.
Probably not on all airlines and probably not on busy flights. You'll definitely need to make special requests for carry-on.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by The_Bass_Poet
Wasn't there a thread about this just the other day?

Yes.

Quote by DigUpHerBones
There was one of these yesterday, but I can't be bothered finding it. It depends when you're going and who you're flying with. I flew from America to England on Air India with a guitar as hand-luggage, they didn't care, and didn't even ask to see if it was actually a guitar. This was a week before the suspected plane terrorist attacks in the summer, so I guess I was just lucky.

They checked me. I couldn't get the case open for like a minute I felt like a complete tit. Although they didn't ask to check under the guitar, or in any compartments.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Yeah, but loosen the strings slightly if it's acoustic, apparently it increases the tension, although I'm not sure on this.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I've never been able to take mine as hand luggage so if you have to put it in the hold, make sure its in a hard case, not a gig bag because if there is any sort of turbulence or a bumpy landing, you're screwed
Yes. You can. they cant consider a guitar a weapon. If they do.. HOW CAN YOU HIJACK A PLANE WITH A GUITAR?!
i was charged 15 quid when i took mine to greece and it had to go in the hold. also take into mind what untitled039 said and that baggage handlers treat stuff like shit and hurl luggage
Ask if there is a fragile stuff cart when you are putting your luggage on that band, works for me.
Quote by Tyson2011
d von is truly one of the pit.

Quote by 09phillt
Good God Man What's Wrong With You!?
Quote by Saintsatan
they cant consider a guitar a weapon.

watch the film once upon a time in mexico with johnny depp and antonio banderas.
Quote by davidgreen1986
watch the film once upon a time in mexico with johnny depp and antonio banderas.

The guitar wasnt the actual weapon, it was the case that was filled with RPG's n shit.
Quote by Saintsatan
Yes. You can. they cant consider a guitar a weapon. If they do.. HOW CAN YOU HIJACK A PLANE WITH A GUITAR?!

GUITARS ON A PLANE!1!oneone

On topic, I think you should call the air company first to make sure you can..
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Yeah, but loosen the strings slightly if it's acoustic, apparently it increases the tension, although I'm not sure on this.
The increased air pressure makes the air inside the wood expand, so if you don't loosen the strings you could damage your guitar.
Quote by Tombe
Shut your noise, I was 18 when I had mine. About 30 seconds later the girl was sick on me. I'm not sure if the two events were related.
Quote by Saintsatan

I think you can strangle someone with the strings. And if you got a Jackson with the Jackson headstock or something like that, you can stab someone with it
The main purpose of a TV is to have a place to point your furnatures to
Quote by arondadi
I think you can strangle someone with the strings. And if you got a Jackson with the Jackson headstock or something like that, you can stab someone with that

There's some strings on the floor by my door, so if anyone walks past that I don't like I can strangle them.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Hey new question.

Can I take my snakes on a plane?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
i've flown all over the world with my electrics and never had any problems. i never tuned them down or anything and i don't think the altitude hurts them at all. maybe on acoustics. i got a lot of funny looks from older people because my case looks like a rifle case. but i have flown with every airline just about and no problems at all.
I recently bought a new Maton acoustic when i was in Sydney, and managed to fly all the way back to Zurich (on Singapore Airlines) with it. Major airline, major international flight path so with any luck this is true of most flights these days.

The trick is never to ask whether you can take it on board. When you're checking your bags in just don't say anything about it, and if they ask, say you're carrying it on and that you've done it before. Some other tips: be at the gate on time for boarding so that you're one of the first people on the plane, that way you can find a space for your guitar. If you come later, the space may be taken and they might send it down below. But the most important thing is to just be friendly and confident, if you look like you've done it a million times before, they probably won't make a fuss.

Here's a good website to look at: www.win.net/mainstring/carryon.html
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
Quote by richwatkinson
The guitar wasnt the actual weapon, it was the case that was filled with RPG's n shit.

That was desperado, which was actually a better film anyway.

At the beginning of 'Once upon a time in mexico' Antonio has an Ibanez with a shotgun/sub-machine gun built into it
It was rofl-tastic, he starts playing malaguena and then shoots the whole place up with his 'guitar', best part of the whole film.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
let me tell you a trick my high school guitar teacher taught me. i used to go to the states alot for vintage guitars. what i would do is i would take the guitar all the way with me untill at the plane then drop it and go home by the time i got there it was already sitting on the bed............................... (just kidding but the teacher said that too)take the guitar with you untill at the plane then tip one of the cargo workers (50 bucks was usually enough) to put in the cargo deck. (by then all cargo is already on the plane, so the guitar will be on the top and wont be crushed) when you get to your destination the guitar is waiting with a flight attendant (for another 20) at the planes exit. so far i have used that trick 8 times
Quote by Blackbullet
That was desperado, which was actually a better film anyway.

At the beginning of 'Once upon a time in mexico' Antonio has an Ibanez with a shotgun/sub-machine gun built into it

Wtf? , i so wanna kit mine out with one now!
actually, the pressure is inversely proportional to your altitude. It would only be the cabin pressure that could do anything, but that would be above 15,000 ft. If its not a flight across country, its a non-issue, considering they won't go above that heighth unless it was a long flight
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer