Okay so im wanting to change pickups on my Epi Les Paul, ive decided on a SD-Alinco Pro II for the neck cos i wanna get that slash style tone on the neck, however im having difficulty picking out a new bridge pickup, any suggestions?

btw the way i play blues rock so im not really into any bare knuckle pickups or anything like that

thanks
marc
gibson classic 57??if your looking for that gibson sound in your guitar
look for things that have a fat tone to them
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
england + SD's = fail.

i'd say swineshead condor for the neck, and runaway for the bridge.

or bareknuckle mules or stormy mondays.

here's the thing: BAREKNUCKLES ARE NOT SOLELY FOR METAL MUSIC, THEY HAVE VINTAGE MODELS TOO

jeez, where do these rumours that are plain wrong start?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Look at the GFS site, their pickups kick ass, and i think the "bigmouth" or "loudmouth" are along the lines youre looking for. Also they have some gibson-esque pickups. I have a set of GFS pickups on one of my guitars and i love them. and to top it all off, they arent expencive at all. i think the only place you can find them is on www.guitarfetish.com, so take a look
Quote by philipisabeast
"england + SD's = fail."

what does that mean ?
hrm=S

I mean you get to pay over twice what you have to pay for them in the USA for the same product.

If you've tried all the pickups that are available and only SD (or dimmy's) will do, by all means get them.

But don't think "oh, they're duncans, they must be good".

and saying bareknuckles are no good for blues rock is retarded.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?