right, well i have two guitars so i keep my new one in standard tuning and use the other one for drop D and C etc. i normally play the older one in drop D so i was wondering if its better for the strings to leave i tuned in drop D or put it back into standard when i've finished. may sound a bit stupid i know but i want the 'experts opinion'. cheers
It would probably be better to leave it, 1:you have your new one already in standard tuning, and 2:some guitars, once tuned in drop D or a weird tuning for a while, once you try to tune them back into standard tuning, it sounds a little off.

E-Married to redneckrebel

Slinov>the cut down ultra cool short version story where the reader/listener gets to make their own assumptins on wat happens next
Slinov>how artistc of u jaci

beatha is ea an ceol
well im no expert lol

but i change tunings alot and it never seems to do any damage.......don't see how it would really apart from maybe stretch the strings abit wen tuning back up

if you use low tunings, you need to adjust the intonation and the trus rod so you don't mess up the neck
what ever you decide to do is up to you bud! lol.
play around with it for a while and see which you like best!
E-Married to redneckrebel

Slinov>the cut down ultra cool short version story where the reader/listener gets to make their own assumptins on wat happens next
Slinov>how artistc of u jaci

beatha is ea an ceol
put them back into standard tuning because it may weaken the neck if like.....in drop B or A
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
simple answer: if youre only using it in drop d, leave it - retuning'll just be a waste of time. and i suppose in the long run constant changes of string tension wont be good for the neck, although this will be pretty negligible. but anyway, just leave it.