Page 1 of 3
last book you read? any good?
I just finished hannibal by thomas harris. extremely well written but creeeeepy.
Last book I read was "Post Office" by Charles Bukowski. It was pretty good in a sort of Fear & Loathing sense. Only less drugs

Currently reading "Haunted" by Chuck Palahniuk.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

i just finished Timeline by Michael Crichton last night. it was pretty good.

next book im reading is Naked Pictures of Famous People by Jon Stewart.
Here are a couple: Double Eagle + Black Sun by James Twining, Darkhouse by Alex Barclay. Of the three, you'll probably enjoy Darkhouse most if you like Hannibal
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Albert Camus - The Stranger. Old favourite of mine.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - Philip K. Dick
A Scanner Darkly - Philip K. Dick
American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis

all are reccomended
For Christmas, my wife bought me the complete collection of every Sherlock Holmes story Arthur Conan Doyle ever wrote. I've been working on it. I'm also working on a great fantasy by Lois McMaster Bujold called The Hallowed Haunt and a nonfiction, The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis.
Death to Ovation haters!
robert penn warren's all the king's men was a great read-a little artsy though
Reading King's "The Cell" right now. It's okay, but not as good as some of his other work. It seems forced. If you've ever tried writing a fictional story, sometimes it comes easily, just flowing off your fingertips. Other times it's like trying to run through a brick wall, which is the impression I get from this book.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
Cell will make a good movie but it didn't hold a candle to the dark tower
The Fabric of the Cosmos - Sam Greene
The Elegant Universe - Sam Greene
The God Effect - Brian Clegg
Letter to a Christian Nation - Sam Harris
The Blind Watchmaker - Richard Dawkins

Working on The End of Faith (Sam Harris), then The Idiot (Fyodor Dostoyevsky).
Looking for my India/Django.
It- by Stephen King, great book its long as hell tho

im currently reading King's new one Lisey story and feels really forced, its not as good as Cell was.
My Rig
1. Hand built custom mockingbird with original floyd rose and emg 81-85
2. Epiphone Flying V Goth With Floyd Rose and emg 81-85
3. Thrown together strat body guitar
Effects
Boss Ds-1
Mxr EVH phaser
Zakk Wylde Wah
Amp
Behringer Gm212
Just finished Recoil by Andy McNab which is a pretty good action thriller, as all his books are.

Now Im about to start on The Naming of the Dead by Ian Rankin
Quote by vivalasoad883
one more day
by mitch albom

"when you're looking into your mother's eyes, you are looking into the purest form of love you will ever know"

i really despise that guy.
Almost finished reading the return of the king for the second time...

Ive read most of the discworld series, by terry pratchett apart from that i dont read many others.
The Clothes they stood up in
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Fear and Loathing: On the campaign trail '72
Screwjack
Nightmares: Behind Watergate
Bluebeard
Slaughterhouse 5
Brave New World.

this is in a span of about 2 or three months, don't think i read them all within the last week.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
I'm reading Choke by Chuck Palahniuk. It's not as good as Survivor tbh.

mm good book. read diary and fight club if you haven't already.
Last edited by chocolatguitar at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by sadistic_monkey
I'm reading Choke by Chuck Palahniuk. It's not as good as Survivor tbh.

I read Survivor three times in a week, it only got better

we're reading Ethan Frome in school now, its sad but comforting because the author seems to really get human nature
Quote by b r y a n
i really despise that guy.

actually, i read "for one more day" by him not to long ago and thought it was a pretty good book. however it kind of pisses me off that in all of his interviews and stuff and in the book he gives all of the credit to his mom and says without his mother the book wouldn't be possible, and gives virtually no credit or mentions to the man who's life the story is based on, because without that man willing to share his life story with mitch albom, then the story really wouldn't be possible. my only complaint.

Well, I've read a lot of good books lately. The Camel Club by David Baldacci in particular. Really fascinating and is really a page turner.
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
Quote by chocolatguitar

Slaughterhouse 5

Vonnegut

The Last three books I've read.

Post Office - Charles Bukowski (Who doesn't love ol' Buk?)
Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry
The Road To Wellville - T.C. Boyle

I haven't completed a book in awhile.

Currently working on:

Stories - T.C. Boyle
Jane Eyre - One o' dem Brontes. Jane Eyre is for school. It has been pretty dull so far, but my teacher tells me it will get good. I hope so...

I plan on getting to Dubliners by James Joyce eventually, I just need some time...
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by sthall
Reading King's "The Cell" right now. It's okay, but not as good as some of his other work. It seems forced. If you've ever tried writing a fictional story, sometimes it comes easily, just flowing off your fingertips. Other times it's like trying to run through a brick wall, which is the impression I get from this book.

I've just finished that, and I agree with khalilizad it would make a great film. It's a good book but I didn't enjoy it as much as some of the other books of his I've read (The Running Man comes to mind).
Currently reading A Short History of Everything by Bill Bryson. It's a good book about simple physics, I'm really enjoying it at the moment.
Quote by khalilizad
last book you read? any good?
I just finished hannibal by thomas harris. extremely well written but creeeeepy.

I love Thomas Harris, and I just finished reading his book Hannibal Rising. It's no where near as good as The Silence of the Lambs, but it's good nonetheless.
"The poor didn't want this one."
Finished reading 'A Multitude of Sins' which is Hugh Cornwell's autobiography (former Stranglers frontman/singer/guitarist)...bloody enjoyed it.

Started on Johnson Beharry's autobiography and am thoroughly enjoying that too.
Quote by vivalasoad883
one more day
by mitch albom

"when you're looking into your mother's eyes, you are looking into the purest form of love you will ever know"

any hack can come up with lame stuff like that

"When you walk alone, you are walking with all of humanity"

"When you cry in the dark, your only true critic is yourself"

"When you jerk off, your magazine is the only love you'll know"
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Vonnegut

lol bluebeard is a really good vonnegut book too.

anyone like orwell? thompson? palahniuk?
Quote by daytripper75
next book im reading is Naked Pictures of Famous People by Jon Stewart.

The first chapter/essay is really weird and I didn't like it. The rest are much much better.

Finished Flatterland, and re-reading Dune now.
The Wheel Of Time mother lickers

Like Lord Of The Rings, apart from better, much much much longer. Not for quick readers. I'm on the fourth book (1002 pages long).

The 12th is being realsed sometime 2008.

Well worth a read if you're into fantasy.

I got ten other books for christmas. I need to plough through Rightous Men by Sam born and Panic by Jeff Abbot, plus Deception point and Angels and Demons.

Any good?
Last edited by Craigo at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by Iluvpowerchords

Jane Eyre - One o' dem Brontes. Jane Eyre is for school. It has been pretty dull so far, but my teacher tells me it will get good. I hope so...

She's lying. Jane Eyre is the dullest book in the English language. It's good as a sleep aid and that's it.
slaughterhouse 5.
havent been in much of the mood to read lately...
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by chocolatguitar
lol bluebeard is a really good vonnegut book too.
anyone like orwell? thompson? palahniuk?

I'll have to look into Bluebeard.

I've never read Orwell.

The only Thompson book I've read is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas but it's one of my favorites.

It seems like everyone has read at least one Palahniuk book. I've read Fight Club.

I still have no idea how to pronounce "Palahniuk."
All the Iain M Banks sci fi books. Abit complicated but really good if you like sci-fi space opera. I'm reading excession atm
Quote by b r y a n
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - Philip K. Dick
A Scanner Darkly - Philip K. Dick
American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis

all are reccomended

I just started reading electric sheep, starts off well, hoping that it will continue so. I also just finshed The Man in the High Castle by PKD, that was a great read too, haven't had a chance to get my hands on a scanner darkly though...
I recently read Resident Evil: Zero Hour, its an ok book, you can really imagine it like a RE game, looking forward to the new movie but it'll be most likely shit, and I read The Outisiders. For those who don't know it's about a gang of 'Greasers' in the 60s who get into fights and shit and who have to take care of themselves, its a really good read.
Also got round to reading To Kill a Mockingbird as well a few months ago, bloody classic.
RULE BRITANNIA
Animal Farm is pretty funny, and I saw the Outsiders movie. It seemed really interesting but its hard to concentrate with Rob Lowe's creepy-ass eyes
Quote by Lexicon Devil
Animal Farm is pretty funny, and I saw the Outsiders movie. It seemed really interesting but its hard to concentrate with Rob Lowe's creepy-ass eyes

Yeah I saw the movie too, its good, but it doesn't quite do the book justice. Quite a lot of key parts were missed out.
RULE BRITANNIA
Page 1 of 3