I have to say, Brand New are possibly one of my faveourite artists & that was quite good!
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
awsome guitar sounds man, what did you use to get that? details! and it sounded to me as tho your vocals were peaking at some points, but still decent/good job on the vocals, amazing job on the guitar!

crit mine? it's a brand new cover as well

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502855
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
Oooh. A great song to cover. You're one of about three people who I've heard on here who have nice verse vocals. Gentle, but not sighed.

I love the guitar work on this, especially the chorus.

Vocally, the chorus could do with some work, but screaming like that does take practice. Just don't overdo it, you have a nice clean voice that I don't want you to lose.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
First cover of that song I hear. You pulled it off really well, but like someone said my only complain would be the vocals during the chorus. Seems like you could control those screams just a bit more. But eh, I know how hard it is.

So for a first cover of that song the bar is now pretty high...! great job, Andrew.
FUCK YOU ANDREW.
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO COVER THIS.

but it was amazing.

like everyone else, my only complaint
was the chorus, but i don't really think
that anyone other than jesse lacey can
really pull that chorus off very well. just.
he does it so amazingly and i don't really
think that anyone can match his screams.

by the way, this song is KILLER live.

I just want to sleep forever.

Quote by Grovermans
FUCK YOU ANDREW.
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO COVER THIS.

but it was amazing.

like everyone else, my only complaint
was the chorus, but i don't really think
that anyone other than jesse lacey can
really pull that chorus off very well. just.
he does it so amazingly and i don't really
think that anyone can match his screams.

by the way, this song is KILLER live.

Sowing Season is an awesome song on the cd, but live its made like 100 times better. But I would say this song was pretty damn good live as well.
dude.

bomb.

i loved it.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
Amaaaaaaaaaaazing.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

You need to like... Either pull back the vocals in the chorus (Just sing it. Don't try to be Jesse.) or work on 'tuning' them some more...

They sound pretty awkward, especially acoustic.

Anyway, very nice cover. The first cover I've heard of this song. I want to do one from the new album... maybe Millstone acoustic would be fun...
Last edited by Retribution at Jan 20, 2007,
Dang dude, that was solid! The vocals were awesome, and the guitar, well that was just superb. I couldn’t really find anything I disliked about it. That’s about as good as a cover can get! Excellent job dude!
I absolutely love this!The recording quality sounds great and the guitar is perfect. I really liked your voice as well, even the screams, although they could possibly be better controlled, they sound so raw and full of angst and emotion, it blew me away. So nothing to criticise really, I just wanted to say, amazing job, you inspired me to do this...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510529

Please please do more covers lol.
Andrew, I hope this doesn't make me sound like a fanboi, but I come to this forum hoping for a new ESP cover

This didn't disappoint.

that was insane. Your vocals sound different (in a good way) from all the other stuff you've done

and I agree with the guy who compared your screams to Conor Oberst's. INSANE SHIT!
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
i loved it, really great.
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.