Third Wheel (3 guitars)
4 1%
Frontman (vocal duties)
50 12%
Other
40 10%
Voters: 416.
Page 1 of 4
What type of guitarist are you? If not a particular type, what kind do you do best? Not genre, just the way you play.

flamming =

HawkaLuigi

I'm a frontman who does rhythm guitar.
Get off my lawn.
Last edited by HawkaLuigi at Jun 30, 2007,
the way i play is the completely sh!t way.

oh and classical too
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
This is the pit man. This is for retards and drug addicts.

Quote by IgnoreThis

Me:
Do you wank?
God:
Only when I am in the U.K.

Im a lead guitarist by nature, but i can do rhythm.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I've been a lead guitarist since I started learning guitar, but I am most certainly able to fill the boots of a rhythm guitars. I play Lead for a rock band too, but we kinda' suck, so I asked my Music Teacher if he is able to get me a different band at school :p
i prefer to play rhythm as i have pretty much no musical theory, but in my band i'm forming me and the other guitarist play both rhythm and lead, depending on who thinks of something/ can play it better
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
I play alot of rythm/bass but alot of times I also play what I geuss you could call a textural type of sound I like to add alot of ambient guitar effects to songs. I also work with alot of feedback and noise and such.

so I checkd other.
New Demos (Oct. 11)

Dropoutoflifewithbonginhand
followthesmoke
towardtherifffilledland

Gear:
Vantage Mystery model Electric Guitar
Peavy TNT 115 Mid 80's model USA
Russian Big Muff
Ibanez 5 string
Quote by sashki
A bit like Zakk Wylde. He's got good rhythm and lead chops

I completely agree, Zakk Wylde is a truly unique guitarist.
Get off my lawn.
i would like to be a lone guitarist but our drummer says he'll quit if we kick the other guitarist out
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Rhythm ftw.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
If i was in a band I'd be lead, but I'm more of a lone guitarist in the sense of I do all my stuff on my own Satriani/Vai style with no singing but all the parts are done by me.
you cant be lead once u start, thats just giving yourself a meaningless title,
you try lead, you try rhythm, and eventually once your a good rhythm guitarist you might take on lead,

but when your in a begginer band and you go ime lead cuz ive been playing 2 more days than you thats just horse balls. How many of you here can actually write a minimum 30 sec decent solo?

but ime a metal guitarist, love heavy riffs and sweet licks
Quote by SheKILaDZE
you cant be lead once u start, thats just giving yourself a meaningless title,
you try lead, you try rhythm, and eventually once your a good rhythm guitarist you might take on lead,

but when your in a begginer band and you go ime lead cuz ive been playing 2 more days than you thats just horse balls. How many of you here can actually write a minimum 30 sec decent solo?

but ime a metal guitarist, love heavy riffs and sweet licks

It's what you have more talent in. Which one comes easier.
Get off my lawn.
blues rock , jazzy blues, country blues, jam modal funk styles and rock. not much for metal but i have found some of it apealing. i like hendrix ,srv, phish, the dead, johhny winter, robin trower and the rolling stones with mick tayler on lead guitar.
Frontman and Lone guitarist.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by kanguuu
i would like to be a lone guitarist but our drummer says he'll quit if we kick the other guitarist out

Thats kinda selfish dude!

Ehh metalcore/metal/acoustic all the way!

And slowy turning to the blues side too, only my guitar isnt very blues-freindly!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by x0rsist
Thats kinda selfish dude!

Ehh metalcore/metal/acoustic all the way!

And slowy turning to the blues side too, only my guitar isnt very blues-freindly!

i know but tbh he isn't great and me and the bassist want to be able to jam more in songs with out having to worry about what the other guitarist is doing
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
the threadstarter deserves to choke on his own vomit and die

he forgot the best intrument of all...
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Where the hell is Bass Guitar!?

You BITCH
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
^ exactly lets bash him to death with our basses
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I play a good mix of lead and rhythm, and I sing, but what I really like is writing. I don't worry at all about the technical side of things, I just try to out good tunes. I identify more with Lou Reed than any of the so called "guitar gods" in that regard.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by myself101
the threadstarter deserves to choke on his own vomit and die

he forgot the best intrument of all...

Bass and drum are no instruments. They are waste of time and to give the jerks something to entertain themself with onstage.
I am joking of course
Quote by sadistic_monkey
In my band I'm the lone guitarist I suppose. I have an amazing bassist to back me up though.

same here!!!
we had another guitarist but he moved to Holland..
Member of
The UG Asian Invasion!
Pm night_lights to join the hallowed Asian ranks (Over 2000members)

Darth Maul in the Star Wars universe, PM Zeppelinpage4 to join the Empire, PM Sethmegadefan to join the Rebellion
Quote by Izz
Bass and drum are no instruments. They are waste of time and to give the jerks something to entertain themself with onstage.
I am joking of course

*Shakes fist* You'd better be.
Myself101. Lets get 'em!
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
*puts hit on Izz*
<//////>~
Im a rythm guitarist in my band but I play on my own when im playing classical
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Rhythm definately. I can play most leads, but I can't write one to save my life. However I can whip up a chord progression that I'm satifisfied with in five minutes.
Page 1 of 4