I am going to do this for AS level once my GCSE's are over...

If anyone has done this course, i would please like to know what you thought about it and what it basically invloves?

I know the basics of it, as I was given a talk about it from a teacher at my current school, i just want to know some people views on the subject

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
AS level is easy, you have to memorise 20 studies on the basics of psychology, its piss easy.

A2 level is very hard though. You have to memorise about 120 i think studies in more detail than you had for the AS ones, plus all this evaluative stuff.

you take a lot out of it though so i think it's worth it. But don't do it if you just want a doss subject to look good on your ucas form.
i'm doing it at the moment (second time around) it's probably my favourite course ive chosen at A level other than philosophy. what you learn depends on which exam board you have, if you have OCR you learn psychology by looking at 20 studies and then you learn what psychological stuff they've used and the like whereas if you use AQA you just learn the different types of psychology basically with a few experiments that people have done. IMO the OCR version is way better because you get more involved in it

i think the different types of psychology you'll learn about will be cognitive, developmental, and i can't remember the other two.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
^^ i dunno bout the classical but the physiological's right

i could look in my folder for ya but i really can't be arsed
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I'm doing it at the moment, and it is pretty easy, but it isn't really my cup of tea...
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
If Science isn't your strong point I would advise you not to take Psychopathology as a main module in A2 and then again maybe in AS Stress. I did A Level Psychology - worst time of my life. A2 is unbearable. The workload is massive. A

nd I mean this in an honest way:

PSYCHOLOGY A2 = MEMORIZING THE TEXTBOOK AND REGURGITATING IT IN THE EXAM
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Jan 12, 2007,
I'm finishing my GCSE's this year and im taking psycology at collage. Is it really that bad? i only took it cause i dident know what else. Its not to late to change my options.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
A2 does get alot harder but thats the same with al A levels, you just gotta be prepared to do alot of extra reading outta lessons imo
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
It's quite an easy course. Psychology isn't a science. When I took it, it consisted of learning some theories, the people who carried out experiments which seemed to support or refute the theories as well as the year they were carried out, then just explaining why it supported or refuted the theory. The entire two years was like that. There's very little in psychology which is concrete (i.e. it's mostly theories with few facts).
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
If Science isn't your strong point I would advise you not to take Psychopathology as a main module in A2 and then again maybe in AS Stress. I did A Level Psychology - worst time of my life. A2 is unbearable. The workload is massive. A

nd I mean this in an honest way:

PSYCHOLOGY A2 = MEMORIZING THE TEXTBOOK AND REGURGITATING IT IN THE EXAM

dont make it sound so easy, it was 3 ****off sized textbooks when i did it!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
dont make it sound so easy, it was 3 ****off sized textbooks when i did it!

Excuse me, that was not what I meant. I meant that's all psychology was but it was really hard in itself. Understanding Psychology was a bit mind-blowing but at the end of the day, it was just regurgitating out of the textbook. What made it hard was that you had to remember the whole book, not parts of it, all of it. I took Psychology as well.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Im going to do it for AS but maybe drop it at A2, does the AS course study Schizophenia or any kind of Depression?

Or is that all in A2???

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
im doing As psychology at the mo. have ot learn like 16 star studies for the exams which some r fun and easy.

take it, u will enjoy it
Quote by Lethal.7
im doing As psychology at the mo. have ot learn like 16 star studies for the exams which some r fun and easy.

take it, u will enjoy it

Attachments and Memory?

Bowlby ftw.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Lethal.7
so far iv only done

social and memory psychology.

=)

I hated Stress. When you get up to it, you'll hate it too. If you decide to take it for A2, believe me - do not take Psychopathology (Schizophrenia, OCD and Depression) unless you love memorizing millions and millions of long words without the slightest clue of what they really mean. Worst time of my college life ever and i'm so glad i'm at Law School now.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by MadClownDisease
I want to do it too but someone told me you have to do a shitload of essays. Is this true? Cos I'm quite lazy.

100% true. The exam is essay based - if you do take up psychology, you'll spend two years learning A01 and A02 to put in your exams (which are all essay based).
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
I hated Stress. When you get up to it, you'll hate it too. If you decide to take it for A2, believe me - do not take Psychopathology (Schizophrenia, OCD and Depression) unless you love memorizing millions and millions of long words without the slightest clue of what they really mean. Worst time of my college life ever and i'm so glad i'm at Law School now.

i dnt think i have that wide of an option. only 1 class tha does psychology bc of the lack of teachers so they just follow the psychology book with the cat and dog on the front sitting on a brain =]

hopefully ill enjoy it next yr.
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
100% true. The exam is essay based - if you do take up psychology, you'll spend two years learning A01 and A02 to put in your exams (which are all essay based).

yep, ur basically brainwashed to be albe to answer a01 and a02 =]
Quote by Lethal.7
i dnt think i have that wide of an option. only 1 class tha does psychology bc of the lack of teachers so they just follow the psychology book with the cat and dog on the front sitting on a brain =]

hopefully ill enjoy it next yr.

If you do get at least some choice - please do, "Love", "Bio rhythmns" (sp?) and "Attachments" . Do not, I repeat, do not choose psychopathology or "Memory".
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

My sister just spent 2 whole days and nights revising for her A1 level re-sit exam.

She says it's a lot of work but she's the best in the class and she's not that clever.
Need.New.Sig.
bah u cnt really say ur the best. it all comes down to being able to remember the studies in psychology exam.
Quote by Lethal.7
bah u cnt really say ur the best. it all comes down to being able to remember the studies in psychology exam.

THANK YOU!

:snyper:

Look at page 1 of this thread where I put in bold letters that psychology is all about memorizing.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
If you do get at least some choice - please do, "Love", "Bio rhythmns" (sp?) and "Attachments" . Do not, I repeat, do not choose psychopathology or "Memory".

I did psychopathology and memory. They weren't very difficult for me. Memory was boring though.