Hey i was hoping for some input on downpicking. i was just wondering where you used it and where you don't (mostly for rythm). also, please including techniques.
Umm... I don't know if I understoud you well, but I think you're asking when you use downpicking, and other picking techniques. Am I correct?

Anyway, I use alternate picking most of the time. The only time I use downpicks is in Metallica songs, etc. pretty muich any heavier songs that need a big chug sound.

Picking techniques:
- Alternate Picking
- Down picking
- Economy Picking
- Sweep Picking
I generally use alternate picking because yeah i can down pick pretty fast but it isnt fast enough for some of those 32nd notes at 180 tempo.
Quote by AdamDK
Umm... I don't know if I understoud you well, but I think you're asking when you use downpicking, and other picking techniques. Am I correct?

Anyway, I use alternate picking most of the time. The only time I use downpicks is in Metallica songs, etc. pretty muich any heavier songs that need a big chug sound.

Picking techniques:
- Alternate Picking
- Down picking
- Economy Picking
- Sweep Picking

you forgot up picking
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
I have never had a lesson (maybe thats my problem) and I only seem to downpick. I really suck at alternate picking. Maybe this explains why I play metallica well :P