I have a 7 band Behringer EQ Pedal, an Epiphone Thunderbird, a Squier Jazz bass and a big ass PA. Can anyone help me on how to get the Fratellis bass tone?

Thanks in advance
It sounds very much a P-bass tone so boost the mids and some highs- cut the bass a little and turn the tone knob up fully on your jazz or thunderbird.
signature
Well seeing as he's got a big ass Ampeg rig, it's gonna be tough to get a tone like that without a tube amp/preamp/emulator.

But! you can get close.

He's using a P-Bass, which helps with the depth and low end in his sound. I'm assuming his head is tube or at least a tube-pre so that's where the dirt is coming from.

On your EQ pedal I'd use a little more high-mids then anything else. If you have an SS amp drop the mids just a little on that for more punch, but don't get too carried away. Boost your high mids and treble a little and keep your bass and lows mids up enough so your sound doesn't get too punky. If you have a gain knob on your amp turn that up a little for more drive.

What kind of amp are you using? That would help me to help you.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Thanks for the advice.

I don't use an amp usually, cos it won't fit in the car with the PA on the way to band practice. The amp I do have is a Marshall 100 Watt from the late-80s, but I haven't got a clue what model it is. Doesn't say on or anything.

Edit: Having looked into it and done some proper internet research, its a 100W Bass Head and 200W 4x10" cabinet, both produced between 1985 and 1993.
Last edited by TJ1991 at Jan 13, 2007,