hello, i want to combine the sounds of the tele and esquire, so i thought i wound put a 5-way switch in a tele and combine the wiring of a tele and esquire, i want it wired like this,
postion1(nearist bridge): Volume Control, (Dark Vintage Circuit), No Tone Control (esquire wireing)
postion2:Volume Control Only No Cap. , No Tone Control(esquire)
postion3:bridge pickup
postion4:neck and bridge
postion5:neck pickup
i would also be putting a lace sensor in the bridge.
i could loss postion 2 if that makes it easier thanks
Congratulations
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

So, what are you asking, do you want someone to do it, or are you just letting everyone know?
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

First of all, let me recommend you to not wire it with the dark circuit. It sounds like crap. I Esquire'd my Telecaster, and that position on the switch was useless. It's like rolling down the tone all the way, but worse; it sounds very dull and lifeless.

The position 2 you are describing is quite nice though, and you could just wire a second (2 way) switch to connect/disconnect the tone circuit.

But eventually, even with these mods you won't get the real Esquire sound, because the real 'mojo' of the esquire comes from having no neck pickup. It just sounds so different when there is less magnetic pull on the strings. By just removing the neck pickup from a Telecaster you can get similar results. It will improve the sound of the bridge pickup a lot but you will be left with a much less versatile guitar, which I didn't think was worth it; so I converted my guitar back after a few weeks.

If you have the means, sure, try it; but I wouldn't recommend doing it if you have to pay someone else for it.
Quote by mr_hankey
... because the real 'mojo' of the esquire comes from having no neck pickup. It just sounds so different when there is less magnetic pull on the strings. By just removing the neck pickup from a Telecaster you can get similar results. It will improve the sound of the bridge pickup a lot but you will be left with a much less versatile guitar ...

I discovered this when I was playing around with various PUs and didn't install the neck PU by accident! The tone is indeed unique and the absence of the neck PU gives the Tele's tone a different flavor. I tried this in both an Ash and Alder Tele.

I really want a Blonde Tele with Black pickguard and a Maple/Maple neck ... the sex! My next project.
Quote by Ippon
I really want a Blonde Tele with Black pickguard and a Maple/Maple neck ... the sex! My next project.

Quote by Ippon
I discovered this when I was playing around with various PUs and didn't install the neck PU by accident! The tone is indeed unique and the absence of the neck PU gives the Tele's tone a different flavor. I tried this in both an Ash and Alder Tele.

Someday I'll have to try this with a strat; take out the bridge and middle pup's, I barely use those anyway.
Quote by Ippon
^ Indeed. So many options. And nice gear.

BTW, from reading stuff all over, I discovered that the original 50s Fender Esquires were made of Pine.

Yes, but definitely not all of them. www.tdpri.com has loads more (AKA too much) information of the subject. I've never played a Pinecaster; it would be interesting.