I'm taking part in a Model UN simulation and am required to write a speech to discuss why my pro Kyoto resolution is a solid argument. Does anyone know how to begin? Is it,'Honourable Chairperson and delegates...'?

And tips in general...
What country are you?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
"Honoured chairperson and delegates, if I really, seriously have to explain this to you again, I hold little hope for our future. Thankyou".
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
depends on how formal it is. ive only been to one and it was very informal, so we just kinda winged it to be honest. if its classy though, then i have no idea.
Honorable Chair and fellow delegates.... geez what an amateur question, what conference are you going to? THIMUN?
Quote by MiG_853
Honorable Chair and fellow delegates.... geez what an amateur question, what conference are you going to? THIMUN?

I know it's a basic and elementary question, but I wasn't given much information regarding this. I'll be doing the Mediterranean MUN.
the UN's for fags.

Quote by MiG_853

i'd go with that
Last edited by frottage at Jan 12, 2007,
I've done 8 conferences at least, 2 of them were THIMUN's, I've been the USA, China, Russia, Sudan, Panama, Angola, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Ghana.
Oh, I've also Co-chaired, I only passed the next few times cause I hate charing, not as much fun as bashing noobs and showing some new tricks to the experienced ppl
Ok, enough bragging; a good speach does two things: catches attention, and keeps it.
I'll tell you this, you don't have to make sense, you don't have to be ground breaking; you have to catch everyone's attention so that they notice you later during the lobbying.
I've done funny speaches, I've done "save the world" hero speaches; it all gets down to the same thing, showing the assembly whose boss, and showing your allies your on top of things.
Lobbying is like selling stuff, conceed and compromise if you have to, and try to get a few G8 countries with you.
On Kyoto the US might bring up their clear skies initiative, it's what I did on Kyoto when I was the states; statistics proving global warming is natural are by the billions, so don't try to proove them wrong; try a different angle and go for health risks related to gas emissions.
To destroy an adversaries resolution: grab a highlight (I'm dead serious), read through it and highlight any flaw, any falacy, the points you don't agree with. A reso in your hands is a reso you can pass or fail. Be confident, cocky if you have to, and also diplomatic and inspiring if needs be.

Btw how old are you? It took me a long while to learn this stuff, don't be bummed if ppl beat you the first few times.
Quote by MiG_853
Ok, enough bragging; a good speach does two things: catches attention, and keeps it.
I'll tell you this, you don't have to make sense, you don't have to be ground breaking; you have to catch everyone's attention so that they notice you later during the lobbying.
I've done funny speaches, I've done "save the world" hero speaches; it all gets down to the same thing, showing the assembly whose boss, and showing your allies your on top of things.
Lobbying is like selling stuff, conceed and compromise if you have to, and try to get a few G8 countries with you.
On Kyoto the US might bring up their clear skies initiative, it's what I did on Kyoto when I was the states; statistics proving global warming is natural are by the billions, so don't try to proove them wrong; try a different angle and go for health risks related to gas emissions.
To destroy an adversaries resolution: grab a highlight (I'm dead serious), read through it and highlight any flaw, any falacy, the points you don't agree with. A reso in your hands is a reso you can pass or fail. Be confident, cocky if you have to, and also diplomatic and inspiring if needs be.

Btw how old are you? It took me a long while to learn this stuff, don't be bummed if ppl beat you the first few times.

Thanks very much. I'm 16 and this is my first time.
I started at 13, lol, me and 3 other diplomatic prodegys (I'm sounding like a prick); we went to our first THIMUN at 14...
16 is good, you'll get more respect than I did at first; don't show weakness, and try not to get mad. Of the four I've always been the more volatile, that's why I was chosen to give a seat to a chick (God I hate positive discrimination) when it came time for us to become General Secretaries at our school's Eco-summit simulation.
Look, you're worst enemy and greatest ally will likely be some ass-hole like me; you'll be able to identify him/her cause, well, they'll seem like ass-holes. But they'll do all the work if you want them to; it's what I did my first time, promise a vote and speack in favour, and they'll do all the writting.
Writting is the most important part, a weak document is easy to pick on, let the more experienced people deal with that, you worry about lobbying, it's the best place to start.
I've done the lobbying and we've handed in our resolution. I need to speak for it and get the motion passed. By the way, it's only the second ever here so that's why we start late. I qualify as the asshole who tells everyone what to do, but my school failed to give me the information required so it's been difficult.
the UN's for fags.

chicks are for fags
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
Quote by ss311
I'm taking part in a Model UN simulation and am required to write a speech to discuss why my pro Kyoto resolution is a solid argument. Does anyone know how to begin? Is it,'Honourable Chairperson and delegates...'?

And tips in general...

'I'm Rick James bitch! UNITY!'

That should work.