Hey hey chaps and chapesses.

Sorry about this, I've searched and searched but I can not find!

Does anyone have any info about the gear KSE use? For some reason I've taken a liking to metalcore (or whatever the hell genre it is this week) but yes.

I don't know, the MT-2 is a bit.... meaty :S. I don't know.

I'm unable to think for myself.
I think every member of Killswitch Engage that plays guitar, strings up and strums their penises. That heavy-ness comes from the fact that they all have iron balls.

Yup. There just that cool.
Adam and Joel play Caparison guitars, and Mike plays Ibanez basses, and I believe both play DR Strings, but that's all I got.
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
all i know is that they use caparison guitars and i believe mesa boogie amps
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
I think every member of Killswitch Engage that plays guitar, strings up and strums their penises. That heavy-ness comes from the fact that they all have iron balls.

Yup. There just that cool.

Hey!

You're a ****!

Congratulations.
Thanks Mike and Punk.

Thanks for the info, I thought they used mesa's too but I can only find footage of marshall cabs and no heads.

Weird!
they use caparison guitars with emg pickups according to the sleeve notes in as daylight dies
Guitars - Caparison

Pickups - EMG

Amps - Mesa Boogies and Framus Cobras

Strings - DR
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Caparison Guitars, DR Strings, Dunlop picks, EMG Pickups, Evans drumheads,

Ibanez Basses, Jagermeister, Line 6, Mesa Boogie Heads and Cabs, Mason Pedals,

Pro Mark Drumsticks, Sennheiser Wireless Gear, Yamaha Drums and Zildjian Cymbals

Got it of the "As Daylight Dies" booklet
Last edited by simonzwaan at Jan 12, 2007,
Sadly I don't own a mesa, or a caparison and I don't like them enough to spend 2k just to get their tone in my bedroom!

Yay for crap digital effect that almost sound the same.
They also use 5150's for layering in the studio, and i think some kind of Hughes and Kettner rackmount live.
Quote by Ashlemacq
You're a ****!

Woohoo. First name I've been called in a while. "****" Dont know what the fuck it means but if I was a movie rating I would be kicking your ass right now.
Quote by Ashlemacq
Hey!

You're a ****!

Congratulations.

come on man,
he was making a joke.
deal with it
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
they also used a Peavey 5150 for Daylight Dies.... as well as a Maxon OD808 overdrive (the 'real' tube screamer)
Peavey 6505 212 Combo
Agile interceptor Pro 727
Schecter Hellraiser C1 - FR
PRS SE Custom
Fender MIA Standard Strat
Digitech GNX3000
right
I was looking up about Adam D
and this was on Wiki.

Dutkiewicz uses Caparison PLM-3 guitars with EMG pickups (85 in the bridge, two SA single coils in the middle and neck positions), Maxon AD9 Delay and Maxon OD808 Overdrive, and Hughes and Kettner Triamps, with Mesa and Hughes & Kettner 4x12 Cabinets, both loaded with Celestian Vintage 30s. He also uses a Sennheiser EW100 Wireless Unit, as well as Samson Powerbrite Pro, a Korg DTR-2000 Rack Tuner, and a Hughes & Kettner Triamp Footswitch. Before using a Caparison guitar he used a Fender Stratocaster with a Twin blade humbucker that replaced the single coil on the bridge.

More recently, Dutkiewicz has been known to use Framus Cobra amps instead of the Hughes and Kettner Triamps
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
they've used, on occasion: framus (cobra and dragon), peavey (5150), mesa (rectos), hughes and kettner (triamps), and soldano (SLO).

the best way to get their tone on a (semblance of a) budget in the UK is probably an engl fireball or blackmore, into a framus 2x12 cab. you can do that for about £800/£900 odd. EDIT: or maybe a Laney gh50 into the same cab. I haven't tried the GH, though I've tried other laneys.

The guitar is much less important, as long as you have a reasonably hot bridge humbucker, you'll be fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?