ok, so over the last year or two slide guitar has taken over my life, and as im planning to upgrade my squier strat in the near future anyway, i was wondering if anyone could recommend some pickups thatd help me get that thick, creamy electric slide tone like Derek Trucks, Duane Allman etc. My budget's about £150 max (250-300USD) and they dont necessarily have to be singlecoils (or humbuckers for that matter).
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
try the pickups that come with a Gibson Flying V, or the gretch mini jets, they would work well
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
i must say thats a very nicely priced reso. but as i play mostly electric slide, i still want to go ahead with this project.
you'd probably want an amp, or some kind of pedal setup for Derek Trucks or Duane Allman's slide sound. I think Derek uses something along the lines of a Gibson SG through a Fender Super Reverb though. .11-.46 strings, and a glass slide.

so... something gibsony? burstbuckers? or any of seymour duncan's "vintage" pickups
oh i thought you meant traditional slide, sorry.

A Fender lace neck pick-up is a very nice set, but also Epiphone's Stock pickups on the Dot are very nice for it as I own one.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I prefer using Fender Lace Sensor pickups. I have the ones from the 80's in my custom shop strat right before they discontinued them. The originals. I think now they are just called "Gold", due to the many different colors you can get. They are warm, not too bright depending on the material your using for a slide (Bottleneck for me). And they give you the necessary brightness to cut through. Humbucker wise I know that Trucks plays SGs and Washburn Idols. Im sure he changes his stock pickups but you could try seeing what he uses with each. Rolling back my tone really warms up the sound too without taking away alot of the definition as opposed with rolling off my treble on the amp.
Quote by givemeaname
My sisters pretty hot aswell