Hi, basically, i just got a new amp about a week ago, its been working fine. However i just turned it on and waited for the tubes to warm up, a couple of second later when i turn it on standby there is a pop sound and my amp now makes no sound. i think the tubes have gone. im pretty much a n00b to tube amps and really need some help. how do you tell if a tube is gone? only one of the tubes now emits a little dull glow and all four used to. help please! are they expensive to replace? acording to the manual there are 4 x 12AX7 in the pre amp and 4 x EL84's in the output. cheers guys.
If you bought it a week ago take it abck to the shop. In any case, even if it was second hand take it to a professional.

If you don't know what you're doing it will just explode and kill your family/neighbours.
can i have some advice more useful than this. i intend to replace the tubes myself.
"no fightin'"
Ibanez Rg350dx
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Super overdrive
Ashdown Fallen Angel FA40DSP
Quote by fornillia
can i have some advice more useful than this. i intend to replace the tubes myself.

Do you know anything about bias?

Don't you love your family/neighbours?

Jason Becker shares a birthday with me, he'd want you to listen to me.
voltage used to operate a tube?
"no fightin'"
Ibanez Rg350dx
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Super overdrive
upon closer inspection only 1 tube appears to be not working.
"no fightin'"
Ibanez Rg350dx
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Super overdrive
Best thing is to bring it back and let them diagnose it as a tube problem. If only one tube is defective, it shouldn't kill your sound entirely.
Hi, I'm Peter
Marshall DSL401 if I'm not mistaken (only amp I know with that tube configuration). Like someone else said, maybe you should take it to a pro if you have no experience with this sort of thing, but ask them to let you watch then you'll be able to do it yourself next time.
nah its an ashdown fa40 dsp. yeh ill make them fix it. still well annoying tho lol
"no fightin'"
Ibanez Rg350dx
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Super overdrive
just for anyone wandering what happened in the end, its been 2 weeks. i sent it back and they sent me a new one. thanks to Ashlemacq for stopping me being very hasty. id warn anyone considering buying these, they are wonderful for the price BUT the bloke on the phone said they get a lot of these back because they are made fairly poorly.
"no fightin'"
Ibanez Rg350dx
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Super overdrive