Page 1 of 2
bcjeff08
98 IQ
Creedence rocks...every song of theres is a good one...this thread is here to discuss the band, their styles of playing, and whatever else creedence.
-BAMF-
Member #8 of the Creedence Clearwater Revival fan club

pm cptbeefheart or Pi3h-boy to join
Buckethead5
UG Member
564 IQ
me and some friends played Fortunate Son in a school performance.. really fun song

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
IbanezRckr101
ProfessionalTricycleRacer
194 IQ
CCR FTW!!! yeah i love them, i just dont like i put a spell on you
but fortunate son FTW also :P and traveling band
bewley
75 IQ
Funny i got my first cd just the other week,after my dad raved about them, great sounding band.
bcjeff08
98 IQ
my fav songs would have to be as long as i can see the light and lodi
-BAMF-

master
UG Board King
1,387 IQ
Fogerty has one of the most soulfull and distinguishable voices ever. Blues rock to its finest.
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike
3,174 IQ
I still need to come up with a good solo for this song.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Cptbeefheart
UG's Captain of Beef
33 IQ
I love 'em. Fogerty is such a great songwriter. Bayou Country is my favorite album of theirs.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
tiant
22 IQ
sweet hitch hiker!!!!!!!!!!yeah my favorite,travelin band is good 2
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by master
green river all the way

Awesome song, and awesome album.

My personal favorite album by the band, for me, is probably Cosmo's Factory.

I hope that sometime within the next year I will get to see John Fogerty (assuming he will continue touring).

I wish that he would put aside his differences with Cliff, Stu, and, most of all, Tom, so that the band can have a real reunion, and not any of this "Creedence Clearwater Revisited" nonsense.
The_Yoki
the sun is the same...
33 IQ
CCR + Big Lebowski = :snyper:

There is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact, it's all dark.

My last.fm

"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
add45
Adam "UG's Brigyptian"
133 IQ
They're on my playlist right now

"Have You Seen The Rain" and "Up Around the Bend" are the only ones I've heard but I love them.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
bcjeff08
98 IQ
i agree with that every song is good
-BAMF-

lexhibit
lexhibit
43 IQ
Mardis Gras is the critics universally hated CCR album. I love it, it contains John's masterpiece Someday Never Comes, Sweet Hitchhiker, great cover of Hello Mary Lou and John Fogerty plays some mean guitar on those "uncool" songs sung and written by Stu Cook and Doug Clifford that were done because they complained John was getting all the money for writing the songs. John did that to prove a point to them that the buying public wouldn't like Stu's and Clifford's songs like they did John's and he was right. The band broke up after that tour and the rest is history.

Pendulum is another forgotton CCR album that is really underrated.
Cptbeefheart
UG's Captain of Beef
33 IQ
I love Pendulum, Mardi Gras, not so much. Still a pretty good record, but it doesn't measure up to their other records.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Nighthawk551
256 IQ
CCR is quite underrated and under-listened to. I absolutely love their music!
rock_and_blues
Banned
892 IQ
great band...no scratch that...phenomenal band. definetly on my top ten. i'm trying to get the band im in now to go in more of a roots style like creedence/the beatles (there return to more roots based rock n roll, after their stint in the pyschedelic movement)/the byrds/etc)...unfortunately all my lead guitarists like is prog and shred....*sighs*
streetcarp19
Rumah Sakit
1,176 IQ
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
My personal favorite album by the band, for me, is probably Cosmo's Factory.

Me too, Ramble Tamble is a favorite of mine from them.

Quote by The_Yoki
CCR + Big Lebowski = :snyper:
Yeah, that scene where they drop a ringer for a ringer, with Run through the Jungle in the background, is probably my favorite scene in all of cinema. "Fu.ck it man, let's go bowling."
Last edited by streetcarp19 at Jan 14, 2007,
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,622 IQ
Alright some CCR fans on UG! Power!
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Of the two songs in which Fogerty uses the "rain" metaphor, I actually prefer Who'll Stop the Rain.

It's very simply, but the chorus is extremely moving. For me, at least.
EL Conquestidor
307 IQ
I like Credence. One of their Song/chord books should be a MUST to any beginner gutarists who like Classic Rock. Generally pretty simplistic chord arrangements. And if you buy/watch John's solo concert DVD, you can figure out alot of his leads pretty easy too.
But I am personally troubled by how John treated the rest of CCR. Make no mistake, he ws an ASSHOLE to them. And it went deeper than just who's songs were recorded.
OK, there's no denying that he was the principle songsmith talent in the band. But he got the "BIG HEAD" and unnessisarily treated his band, including his own brother like CRAP. Which lead to the breakup and an enstrangement from his brother that lasted even to his brothers death. Definantly NOT a "class act" IMO in comparison to artist like SRV who were much respected and beloved by their less talented "supporting" band members.
1/2 my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair.
add45
Adam "UG's Brigyptian"
133 IQ
Quote by wilty00
Have You Ever Seen the Rain is untouchable in terms of pure genius.

Listening to it right now, it's absolutely brilliant.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
raise_the_dead
Gravedancer
1,535 IQ
Only have a 2cd singles compilation, but goddamn they're great.

Oh Suzi Q....
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by EL Conquestidor
But I am personally troubled by how John treated the rest of CCR. Make no mistake, he ws an ASSHOLE to them. And it went deeper than just who's songs were recorded.
OK, there's no denying that he was the principle songsmith talent in the band. But he got the "BIG HEAD" and unnessisarily treated his band, including his own brother like CRAP. Which lead to the breakup and an enstrangement from his brother that lasted even to his brothers death. Definantly NOT a "class act" IMO in comparison to artist like SRV who were much respected and beloved by their less talented "supporting" band members.

Despite the fact that John was an ass (as were many other musicians to their band members), as you've pointed out, if it wasn't for him, the band wouldn't have made it.
Lost_Rose
UGs custom LP player
416 IQ
Quote by Buckethead5
me and some friends played Fortunate Son in a school performance.. really fun song

Easily one of their best songs and one that will live forever!!
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Sherman901
UG Senior Member
320 IQ
CCR is definitely a very underrated band. They are fantastic. I just learned how to play Have You Ever Seen The Rain on bass and it's alot of fun. They are simple but powerful and the lyrics are great. John Fogerty is a very talented songwriter.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
I'm interested in finding out if anyone knows of any extremely early official or bootleg live albums.

I only have The Concert, which is great, but the reason I want early live shows is because they originally were a blues-jam band.

However, once they managed to have so many singles chart high up, they usually just played those at their shows with only one or two long blues jams.
Cptbeefheart
UG's Captain of Beef
33 IQ
I'd really be interested in those early shows as well.

bcjeff08
98 IQ
as long as i can see the light is an amazing song
-BAMF-

lexhibit
lexhibit
43 IQ
Quote by EL Conquestidor
OK, there's no denying that he was the principle songsmith talent in the band. But he got the "BIG HEAD" and unnessisarily treated his band, including his own brother like CRAP. Which lead to the breakup and an enstrangement from his brother that lasted even to his brothers death.

Yup, Mardi Gras was John's nasty practical private joke to embarrass and convince the other guys into thinking they could write hits and sing the songs too like John. Personally I like Mardis Gras though, only because I like Johns guitar work on that album, he started using the Les Paul instead of the Rickenbacker and got a heavier tone.
bcjeff08
98 IQ
i dont care what anyone says john is amazing
-BAMF-