Anyone know where I can get some mp3 (or any other format) chord progressions to practice modes/scales over? I've got pedal tone mp3 of single chords, but I'm looking for a progression. Thanks in advance
First, a mode is a type of scale, so modes/scales is a ridiculous thing to write.

Now, you can record yourself playing very easily if you go to download.com and get some kind of free trial of a recording program. You could also download powertab and have some MIDI playback. If you want powertab, it is found at powertab.net. If my URL doesn't work, just google "powertab."

If you want someone else's recording because you don't know what progression to use, I suggest learning a bit more about how modes and chords are related. I can help you with that, just ask.
Or look in the MT Sticky FAQ at the top of MT. There's the basics of mostly every theory thing there.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
Or look in the MT Sticky FAQ at the top of MT. There's the basics of mostly every theory thing there.
We finally have that??? YAYYYY!!!!!! I'll never have to answer the same mode question more than five timesper week EVER AGAIN!
Thanks for the input. I am aware that modes are a type of scale, hints the use of "modes/scales" instead of "modes and scales". Also I know exactly what chord progressions I want, I just can't find a free line-in recording program. The one I have only records from the line-in input for a minute.
Audacity, Kristal, Reaper and Ardour are the main free programs for recording.

And if you can get your hands on Band-in-a-Box, (you may have to "acquire" it through somewhat illegitimate means), it is an excellent program for practicing playing over changes