So i was re-stringing my Floyd Rose ( woot woot) and i got to putting the low E string on and encountered a problem....It wont fit. I have the Elixer Heavys and the E is a 52. i know thats pretty big but what can i do to get it to fit? is it safe to cut the string below the thicker part? cuz thats all i can of to do.
if i understand what your asking correctly, no is not ok.

i think if you cut the string then you'll be fine until you have to tune past what the tuning knobs at the bridge allow you too.
What do you mean it won't fit? its a clamp, open it up as far as it need to go to fit the string in. As for cutting, cut it after all the winds near the ball end where the string becomes the uniform diameter it is all up the neck when strung.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Sorry for not being more clear. I mean it wont fit into the FR clamp, ive unscrewed it so far its not even funny. but i guess ill try that some more. and i meant cut as in after cutting the ball end off, the strings still a little thicker for about 1cm, and i was wondering if it were okay to cut past that thicker part, but i think im just gunna go string the other strings and see what i can figuer out.
Yes it is okay to cut it after that 1 cm. I own a S470 with a ZR bridge and it's basically the same as a floyd as far as being double locking, and I cut my strings off after that 1cm by the ball end all the time.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
ok thanks a lot teamzaius and everyone else, ill get better at this one day, this is my first time restringing ever, lucky me got to start out on a floyd.
well **** that idea. i got the strings all wound and think i did a pretty good job. However tuning, and im used to tuning a FR, is ****ing impossible. the bridge is up so high it looks like its gunna snap right off. **** i shouldnt have put 12s on there...
Take off all your strings, open the back panel on your guitar and remove the middle spring.
But thats only for standard.
but you know that with thiker strings your supposed to tune down.
You have to tighten the springs on the back, not take them out.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/tuning.htm

^extremely helpful site

basically, you need to tune it to pitch, then check the angle with the body. If it's pulled out, tighten the springs and retune. repeat until the FR is flush with the body.

And you don't have to tune down with thicker strings, but the more tension there is on your floater the stiffer it will feel (not necessarily a bad thing).