is their any program i can use to extract the audio from a video file and just use the audio as an mp3? thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Studio, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50, Fender Cab, Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus, Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo, Boss DD-6, Boss SD-1, Dunlop JH-1B, Takamine EG 530 SSC
Quote by he_is_kyle
is their any program i can use to extract the audio from a video file and just use the audio as an mp3? thanks.

aye dude....go download "audacity" from the internet somewhere, the under "record from" do "stereo", and then itll record w/e comes out of your speakers. just follow the instructions to convert the file to an mp3, its kinda complicated i can walk you through it if you need.
Who dat?
Quote by Anarion614
aye dude....go download "audacity" from the internet somewhere, the under "record from" do "stereo", and then itll record w/e comes out of your speakers. just follow the instructions to convert the file to an mp3, its kinda complicated i can walk you through it if you need.

It might be called Master, Stereo Mix, Stereo, or maybe just Volume depending on your sound card driver. Keep in mind that this records everything you hear.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
It might be called Master, Stereo Mix, Stereo, or maybe just Volume depending on your sound card driver. Keep in mind that this records everything you hear.

yeah, but the actual volume you have it on doesnt matter. just dont be doing anything stupid like playing a game or something while its recording
Who dat?
If you want to save original recording quality (most likely the file you want to extract audio from is already compressed with loss) you can use tool that can extract audio track directly. Audacity would just record what you hear and then you'd encode it to MP3 again making it loose quality again. Just google "extract audio movie" or something, there are lots of programs that can do that. I use Avidemux but it might be a little complicated.
This is not a signature.