I've been reading through the search and going through sites online (you know the usual).

And I want a distortion or OD pedal that can get good Gilmourish tones. I here alot of people say he used a Big Muff however I played one and it was a fuzz, sounded far from Gilmours tone.

Then I read that he acutally used a Sovtek brand one, which was more distortion and less fuzz, more like Gilmours.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--brand-252--i-SOV-BIGMUFF--src-Y0604GL0GOOGLE00.html?gclid=COe0ucn824kCFRg5SgodJVGG4Q

Is the sovtek model better than the Ehx model for Davids tone? Any other better suggestions? The guy in our store reccomended the Boss Blues Driver.

Any advice is appreciated thanks.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
He used a discontinued early Russian Electro-Harmonix pedal.

Don't get the BD-2.
What amp do you have?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I think from 1972-1981 he used an old Fuzz Face, but whatever. Try out loads of different pedals, though I'd try out things like the Fuzz Face first. A Blues Driver could well be one to look at, as Blues OD is generally fuzzier than other OD pedals and such, but It won't sound like his fuzz pedals.

EDIT: You said you looked on the net, I presume you went on www.gilmourish.com ?
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Well at the current an ad30vt, but i'm looking to get a tube amp in a few months, most likey the Fender blues Jr. or Hot rod deluxe. But i'll be using the ad30vt with the pedal for a while.

Yup i've been to www.gilmourish.com it's a great site, that's where I got the idea of getting a Sovtek. As for album I was thinking stuff from Dark Side such as Sorrow and clocks, and a few things off the Wall and a little bit of Division Bell I guess. Anything for his overall tone is great, something that can cover alot of his sounds. I'm still delving into Floyd.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jan 12, 2007,
^ Sorrow isn't on Dark Side of the Moon, and "clocks" is probably the song Time. He did stay with Fuzz Faces for a long time (from DSOTM right through till after The Wall), so do try one out if you can.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Calum_Barrow
^ Sorrow isn't on Dark Side of the Moon, and "clocks" is probably the song Time. He did stay with Fuzz Faces for a long time (from DSOTM right through till after The Wall), so do try one out if you can.

Oh **** I actually said that, ehh.. that's what happens when you try to type too fast. I was trying to fit too many names/ CD's a little too fast.

In short I just want an overall sound from DSOTM to The Wall, and I will try the fuzz face thanks.

If you have more suggestions please post.

*goes and hits himself for calling Time clocks, what an idiot.*

And I meant a Momentary Lapse Of Reason for Sorrow, not DSOFT.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jan 12, 2007,
the tweed model can come somewhat close, and the boutique od sounds believable too, tweak around with those
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
He also has used a BK Butler Tube Driver aswell, which have just recently been rereleased, I'd say that would also be worth a look.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.