it almost looks like a BC Rich Mockingbird...but I doubt it.

Instrumedit: Wow, first act?!?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Last edited by Instrumetal at Jan 12, 2007,
god thats a gay guitar
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
thats nasty......
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
I love it. It soudns great, the Mastortion makes it wail, and it's not that bad.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
That guitar looks horrible. But yeah, First Act makes some cool custom stuff. They have/had a little show on the DIY channel called Handmade Music where they showed the custom shop's projects and stuff. It was awsome.
Its almost like the ESP Richard Kruspe sig. Only uglier...and played by a jerk...
Lol, reading through the artists they endorse, its like all the losers of the music industry. The ones NO one has ever heard of.
Last edited by Magero at Jan 12, 2007,
Meh, some good players play them, and most are just not as well known. Ministry plays them, and a bunch of known bands and such.

I think the bottom cutaway's a little awkward, but I would play it. I love Mastodon, Brent's definitely one of my idols. Sure, I would like his Flying V, or his Goldtop Les Paul, or something like that better, but I like the First Act as well.

Saxo-Walrus

Flying V = Awesomeness
Brent = Jerk. I don't care if that interview was staged in Guitar World, he still pissed off a lot of people. They both did. However, I do like Mastodon. I'm going to see them with SLAAAAAYEEEEEEER! in april.
What? The comments about Dream Theater or something?

Meh, I don't take interviews seriously unless they're talking about how many people they're killed or something. . No offense, either, I'm just sayin'.

He seems like a cool dude and all, and he may not like some of the bands I like, or have the same ideas and opinions, but not everyone can. *shrugs*

Saxo-Walrus

Yea, about Dream Theater. Portnoy came out and said something about "They were only joking, and we're great friends" But it was still pretty inappropriate...I mean...racism in heavy metal...who would have though....
wait... isn't first act that brand they carry at wal-mart?

but both brent hinds AND los lonely boys use em?

oh, and, racism? did he pull a kkkramer or something?
Go Veg.
JESUS ****ING CHRIST! IT LOOKS JUST AS ****ING BAD AS THE MARK MORTON SIGNATURE JACKSON GUITAR!
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Quote by im not mental

oh, and, racism? did he pull a kkkramer or something?

In guitar world a few months back he and the other guitarist were asked something like "You guys could be considered Prog, why don't you think other prog bands like Dream Theater are as popular?"
to which they replied with
"Cause we don't have a gay little asian girl for a bass player, haha"
"And all those ridiculous clothes"

ect.ect.
Well they're from the South, aren't they?

Troy seems like a cool dude though. Brent always seemed like a douche.

Is it just me, or does he (Brent) always sound drunk when he sings?
Quote by im not mental

Yeah, it's the same brand they sell at Wally World, but they built a custom shop, handed out a few free guitars to artists, and now they're trying to build street cred. It seems to me they want to be the Wal-mart of guitar builders.
Quote by Instrumetal
it almost looks like a BC Rich Mockingbird...but I doubt it.

Instrumedit: Wow, first act?!?

Haha, Instrumedit. I wonder if I could get away with Whalepedit?

Probably not.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Magero
In guitar world a few months back he and the other guitarist were asked something like "You guys could be considered Prog, why don't you think other prog bands like Dream Theater are as popular?"
to which they replied with
"Cause we don't have a gay little asian girl for a bass player, haha"
"And all those ridiculous clothes"

ect.ect.

I don't think that was done with racism in mind. According to what Portnoy said, Brent's just got a big mouth and he didn't really mean anything by it.

On topic, am I the only one who actually likes the way that guitar looks? I always liked reversed body strats...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
You guys are buttholes. It doesn't look that bad and what he said about Dream Theater was really funny, Loosen up for christ's sake.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by ZootCst
Yeah, it's the same brand they sell at Wally World, but they built a custom shop, handed out a few free guitars to artists, and now they're trying to build street cred. It seems to me they want to be the Wal-mart of guitar builders.

Meh, the Wal-Mart ones aren't horrible, but their Custom Shop actually won a Platinum Award in Guitar Center.

They're kinda like Fender, they sell the cheap guitars and such for low prices, but for a moderate price (unlike Fender there) they will make you an awesome Custom guitar with anything you want that will fit the guitar. They have access to Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio, and maybe even EMG.

You can choose some of the wood (I'm pretty sure), the bridge, the kind of tuners, all of that. Prices vary for the parts you choose, but I think Paul (from GW) said his only cost somewhere in the $2,000 region, but I could be wrong, they could be a load cheaper.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
Meh, the Wal-Mart ones aren't horrible, but their Custom Shop actually won a Platinum Award in Guitar Center.

They're kinda like Fender, they sell the cheap guitars and such for low prices, but for a moderate price (unlike Fender there) they will make you an awesome Custom guitar with anything you want that will fit the guitar. They have access to Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio, and maybe even EMG.

You can choose some of the wood (I'm pretty sure), the bridge, the kind of tuners, all of that. Prices vary for the parts you choose, but I think Paul (from GW) said his only cost somewhere in the $2,000 region, but I could be wrong, they could be a load cheaper.

Oh, you can choose from a few of their body styles, you can choose standard woods that they already use, you can choose from their standard inlays, you can choose from their 3 types of pickup, you can choose from their standard colors,their two available neck shapes, and their two different headstocks. The one I put together came out to $3800 USD. That's reasonable??? Sure that's about the same price as Fender custom shop, but with Fender you're also paying for name recognition, and you know exactly what it's going to play and sound like.

As for the Wal-Mart guitars being any good at all... I can't even justify that with a response because I'll probably rant for awhile and call you names. Those things are toys, not musical instruments.

If you really want more info, First Act's website has a page where you can put your own guitar together and find out how much it will cost...
I;m not saying I love them, or they're the best thing ever, but they're DECENT at least. Unless it's a 2x4 with some twine on it, it's at least playable.

If it was all I could have afforded to being with, I would have played First Act, and enjoyed it.

Something's better than nothing.

Saxo-Walrus