ok so

I know the basic chords (like majors, minors, and sevenths)

so is there any type of order that you should go in when learning new chords?

what are the most useful?

please help
Just study music theory.
Ibanez Custom RG 120
Epiphone Custom SG Special
Line-6 Spider III 150 Combo
Marshall MG

Quote by Paul Gilbert
"Who cares what your fingers are doing? As long as it sounds cool!"

My Website

Jon Blake Music
You probably know fifths aswell. Also known as power chords. What about barre chords?

I don't think you should go in any particular order. You say you know major and minor, well the rest are just additions. There are formulas for chords that you just have to memorize. Check this out: http://www.smithfowler.org/music/Chord_Formulas.htm
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by redSG
Just study music theory.

music theory?

yeah im a noob
so if you could further explain that would be great
Quote by treefiddey
music theory?

yeah im a noob
so if you could further explain that would be great

It's everything about music. You know, scales, keys, intervals, tones, semitones, rhythm, transposition. If you study music theory you basically study the language of music.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
would a UG lesson be the best way of learning something like that or do you know of a better way?
Quote by treefiddey
would a UG lesson be the best way of learning something like that or do you know of a better way?

The Complete Elementary Music Rudiments by Mark Sarnecki.

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/pages.html?cart=33776214691978356&target=smp_detail.html%26sku%3DFH.EMR10&s=pages-www.google.ca/search&e=/sheetmusic/detail/FH.EMR10.html&t=&k=&r=wwws-err5
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
The advantage to learning theory is that you can construct chords, or read the name of a chord and know what to play.

For example: I helped one of my friends (who is playing guitar in pit band for the musical) learn how to play a Dsus7, without needing to look it up on the internet. It is extremely helpful to know theory.