Page 1 of 3
ok maybe not all rap, im just sick of those rap kids who are soo narrowminded, that at the first sound of anything else than a bass beat, they will say it sucks.

Soo today at school this kid listens to something on my zen and he was like, dude thats soo gay.
Then later on in the day me and my friends were talking about music and this kid was like, "you listen to such shit music man, with guitars and crap like that."

I couldnt comprehend what he was saying, i just couldnt process it through my head. so me and my friends just laughed at him and left.

but im just soo sick of it.. i needed a place to vent.
I actually find some rap very listenable.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Oh shut the **** up would you?

Weve got enough of these god damn threads, we dont need another.

People have different opinions on music, dont you think that people that love rap think "wow those elitist guitar bastards suck, all they say is rap sucks!..i need a place to go vent and complain because they dont like my music!"

just like some dont like theirs

I like metal, i hate country, but im not bitching every 5 seconds about it. Im sure that people that like country, hate metal, and im sure they dont get a thread on ultimate-country.com every 6 minutes with someone saying "gawd metal suckz im so tried of these guys thinking country sucks!"

People have opinions, people voice their opinions, people get over it.

/thread.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by ledhed68
Not all rap sucks, maybe he doesn't like your music. Ever think of that?

And people call rap haters narrow-minded, why can't rock haters be called that? What makes rap better than rock or rock better than rap?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by andrew12398
And people call rap haters narrow-minded, why can't rock haters be called that? What makes rap better than rock or rock better than rap?

Cos white > black, obviously.

Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Most people I know dislike my music, though I can see that 1349, John Scofield and Nokturnal Mortum (no, I'm not fucking Aryan) aren't for everybody. Frequently, it takes a guitarist to appreciate elaborate guitar music, I've yet to meet a single non-guitarist (for want of a better word) who would put on some Michael Angelo Batio for the sake of listening to it. Though, I find myself wondering occasionally; would I listen to this music as much as I do, and impose it on others with the force I do if it weren't so unpopular?

Which neatly brings me to this; the claustrophobic narrowmindedness of these "gangstas" is, in a sense, an obligation. They can't ever own up to liking Iron Maiden or Wes Montgomery, lest they screw over their image and reputation. In one way, they "have" to denounce your music, the same way you and I "have" to denounce theirs.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
rap pah, rock! wtf, guitars? u lot are mad, u wanna listen to the new shit. Fusion triangle drum and bass.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
People have different opinions on music, dont you think that people that love rap think "wow those elitist guitar bastards suck, all they say is rap sucks!..i need a place to go vent and complain because they dont like my music!"

Rap is music? Anyone can talk to a beat. Rappers get rich off of not being able to sing.
And rap-lovers don't tend to use the word "elitist."
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Rap is music? Anyone can talk to a beat. Rappers get rich off of not being able to sing.

Rap is music. You're just thinking of the newer, shitty music you hear on MTV. Go pick up some of the earlier stuff, straight from Jamaica

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
I agree. Anyone with an opinion should be shot.

(Where iz zat shniper ve ordered to shoot zee gangstar?)
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
Dont you think thats a little stereotypical, and moronic?

I dont ****ing care if rap lovers dont say 'elitist', I said it.

Im not saying rap is a good 'genre' of music, but it IS music you douchebag, whether you like it or not, and it makes more money in a second than you will in 10 years.

Im not sticking up for rap, (although i do enjoy Public Enemy from time to time)

but im justifying my opinion, just like rappers justifiy their liking for rap and nothing else, and metalheads their liking for metal and despising rap

what a ****ed up world we live in.

EDIT: Le aimed at le crackhead
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

"with guitars and crap like that"???? do me a favor and shoot him in my name.
dumbass. can't believe he called guitar crap, while most of the stuff he listens to is made on a pc
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
dumbass. can't believe he called guitar crap, while most of the stuff he listens to is made on a pc

Based on your signature, your opinion has been declared null and void.

--Red
It doesn't need to have a guitar to be good music.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by andrew12398

the fact that most rap, doesn't require any special talent or practice as rock. all you gotta do is talk fast and say a lot of "f*uck, b1tch, hoe, crack"
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik

You realize what artists use to multi track nowadays, right?

A computer.

You realize where sound effects or drum loops are stored now, right?

Computers.

Smart one.
Quote by Vornik
Actually some rap beats, and mixs are quite complex, but they are created by a skilled musician/producer from high end synth programs, and saying that any run of the mill guitarist can create a track is rather narrow minded.

What I don't like about rap music, is that most of it is very pre-packaged for mass consumption. Most of these rappers have a persona that has been manufactured for them.

Personally I will not listen to rap because of this.
The sound engineerings should be the ones getting all the money and fame, not the rapper.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

We don't talk, we chant in rythm and time, enhancing your's and mine souls with the word-play and rhyme. See, a lot of rappers spend all their energy just to make themselves dimes, so it makes the game sour, like lemons and limes. But see not all rap is filled with sex, dirt and grime, and some rap that is can still fucking shine. So when you hear pop-rap and start to whine, remember the words that I spit aren't benign.

And I say "elitist" all the time, you elitist fuckass.
Quote by urik

You are now also on his level, open up you're horizons.
Quote by urik
the fact that most rap, doesn't require any special talent or practice as rock. all you gotta do is talk fast and say a lot of "f*uck, b1tch, hoe, crack"

I wouldn't suppose you considered Cannibal Corpse music, would you?

You cannot say that rap isn't music for those reasons, when there's Cannibal Corpse, with their lyrics.
Quote by Vornik
Quote by Red.Washburn77
Rap is music. You're just thinking of the newer, shitty music you hear on MTV. Go pick up some of the earlier stuff, straight from Jamaica

--Red

IMO, unless it has actual singing in it, rather than the same 4 lines being repeated over and overe again for 4 minutes, it's not music. This does not exclude instrumental songs from being considered music. However, a 2 measure rap beat playing over and over again for 4 minutes isn't music either.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by urik

Again, you're thinking of what's played on MTV. Early rap is closer to reggae.

--Red
Quote by E Daws
It doesn't need to have a guitar to be good music.

classic music hasn't got guitar and is awesome. a lot of country music hasn't got a guitar (banjos FTW ) and is nice. lots of styles don't have guitars and are very nice.
but saying that "guitar is crap" is worst than burning a bible in a church full of religious people.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Red.Washburn77

--Red

reggae is cool and nice. reggae FTW.
but sadly what's called rap today, and what most rappers listen to, is the *** **** **** ** **** **** ******* ** that you see on MTV
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I can't stand rap, hip-hop whatever you want to call it and I will always hate it. However, I respect the fact that some people actually like the stuff. You've got to realise that if you hate it, someone else will inevitably like it and vice versa with all branches of rock etc. In a growing world like ours with such a active music scene it's very stupid to genre bash.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Red.Washburn77

--Red

Early rap is lyrical scat vocals mixed with jazz or funk.
Quote by urik
saying that "guitar is crap" is worst than burning a bible in a church full of religious people.

No it's not, you are just saying that because you play guitar, they probably said that because they don't like the sound of guitars, people have different opinions.
Quote by MastaBassist10
We don't talk, we chant in rythm and time, enhancing your's and mine souls with the word-play and rhyme. See, a lot of rappers spend all their energy just to make themselves dimes, so it makes the game sour, like lemons and limes. But see not all rap is filled with sex, dirt and grime, and some rap that is can still fucking shine. So when you hear pop-rap and start to whine, remember the words that I spit aren't benign.

Yeah, bud. I'm not feelin it.

Quote by MastaBassist10
And I say "elitist" all the time, you elitist fuckass.

And you joined this site in May of 2005. "Elitist" is almost as popular as "buttsecks" around here.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Quote by MastaBassist10
Early rap is lyrical scat vocals mixed with jazz or funk.

I'd call that closer to reggae than what we've got now, wouldn't you (albeit, jazz and funk are quite a distance away from reggae).

--Red
Quote by Mr. B
ok maybe not all rap, im just sick of those rap kids who are soo narrowminded, that at the first sound of anything else than a bass beat, they will say it sucks.

Soo today at school this kid listens to something on my zen and he was like, dude thats soo gay.
Then later on in the day me and my friends were talking about music and this kid was like, "you listen to such shit music man, with guitars and crap like that."

I couldnt comprehend what he was saying, i just couldnt process it through my head. so me and my friends just laughed at him and left.

but im just soo sick of it.. i needed a place to vent.

First of all, no one cares.
Secondly, you aren't even complaining about rap, you're complaining about idiot kids. And since you are doing exactly what they do, you are no better than they are.

Quote by Haha, Crackhead

And you joined this site in May of 2005. "Elitist" is almost as popular as "buttsecks" around here.

Who the hell are you? Go away.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by ledhed68
No it's not, you are just saying that because you play guitar, they probably said that because they don't like the sound of guitars, people have different opinions.

Not vhen vee are finished vith them!!!

Opinions are the scum of democratic society, anyone caught having an opinion, shall be put to death, so sayeth the Czar.

Quote by Haha, Crackhead

And both of those points have no correlation to any of this.

Good job
Quote by Vornik
Quote by ledhed68

no connection. he's insulting a VERY old instrument that exists (im talking about its ancestors) more than 2k years.
i'd say the same if he talked about piano, or violin, or a tuba, or a flute or whatever instrument
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

It's tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time, it's trick!
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by urik
no connection. he's insulting a VERY old instrument that exists (im talking about its ancestors) more than 2k years.
i'd say the same if he talked about piano, or violin, or a tuba, or a flute or whatever instrument

The voice is older than all of them.

--Red
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

Yeah bud, it was beat poetry, not rap

Quote by Haha, Crackhead

What in the hell are you smoking? You have zero respect here, while I have some respect. Don't talk shit when you can't step to this.
Quote by Red.Washburn77
The voice is older than all of them.

--Red

and your pont is...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 3