Ok Currently I have an LTD M-200fm and a crate gx-15 Ive been looking at amps for alomst a month now and I've tried out all but 1 the Ashdown Fallen Angel 212 60 who has played it or owns it? how is it?
That and the Peavey VavleKing are the only 2 amps im looking at so what one is better since they are the same price Except peavey is backordered (at least at my local shops)
I play mostly trash and metal (metallica,iron maiden,bodom,megadeth,pantera)
so what one is worth it?
Quote by Stop Messin'
Every pic of Jimmy Page taken looking up at him. He looks like a 10 foot tall GOD!
i own one. infact i got one today. guess what. it was faulty and the tubes bust. awsome sound for the hour i was playing it....
well that just sounds great only 1 hour? how bad is the damage?
Quote by Stop Messin'
Every pic of Jimmy Page taken looking up at him. He looks like a 10 foot tall GOD!
I own one (its sat right behind me), its the one before they started putting digital effects in it (in my opinion putting digital effects in a valve amp is criminal... but anyway). I absolutely love it. It is awesome for metal and does clean pretty well. I presume you know all the features so I won't bore you with them, but it is a LOVELY amp. I have, however, heard a few people had technical problems with them breaking etc. I've never had any problems, so I can't really comment on that. There are one or two problems with it... the reverb not being footswitchable is a pain, as is the fact that you need an extra footswitch for the 2 master volumes. However neither of those are a big deal (in fact the 2 master volumes is a neat touch). It really is a stunning amp though.
4 el 83 tubes blown, not sure about the pre amp. o well
"no fightin'"
Ibanez Rg350dx
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Super overdrive
Ashdown Fallen Angel FA40DSP
Guitarist in my band uses one and its a really nice amp. To me it sounds better than my other friend's DSL
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
i'd say ashdown. if you can find a randall rg50tc, it's worth a look too, it's a similar price, far as I'm aware.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ashdowns are very very nice for the price. Definitely beats a Valveking, imo.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!