Page 1 of 2
ok so I was sitting down this morning and I thought my friends couldnt get any dumber...but one had to open his mouth and remove all doubt by saying "Green Day and most mainstream artists are mixed with classical music"....I almost shit my pants when i heard it...

Discuss.
The sky is blue.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
the grass is green
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
Don't worry about it, everybody shits their pants somtime.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Well, I LIKE GREEN DAY (yes i am), but that to classical music is a longggg way.
you right, your friend is dumb.
"sayyy "Vandelay Industries " sayyy " Vandelay Industries" -george-

Haaappyyy Festivus.
Quote by $Guitarist$

Edit: Who are these "friends" of yours?

a bunch of people...a mixture between Asians, hot lesbians, crazy psychos and retards....i'm the opinionated one.
Well seeing how music has to build off the styles before it, thats not all untrue...
lol, actually, a lot of music is mixed with calssical, but that's called neo-classical, artists such as Rhandy Roades, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo Batio and artist such as that are in this group, but today's mainstream music?!?!?!? WTF!!!
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes

but it was odd, we didn't have anything overly important stolen

and among the stolen items: Bananas

Quote by Vantage
Some guy stole one of my pants and the plastic bottles.
Quote by Eric 666
a bunch of people...a mixture between Asians, hot lesbians, crazy psychos and retards....i'm the opinionated one.

The lesbians get off. But I dont forgive the other ones.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Quote by Isogrifo
lol, actually, a lot of music is mixed with calssical, but that's called neo-classical, artists such as Rhandy Roades, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo Batio and artist such as that are in this group, but today's mainstream music?!?!?!? WTF!!!

that's exactly what I told the bitch...but man is she dumb.
Quote by $Guitarist$
The lesbians get off. But I dont forgive the other ones.

i agree
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
That's not that bad.

He could've said what the guy in my sig said.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
Quote by $Guitarist$
Wait, do you got pics of said lesbians?

Nope...bitch dont got no good pics on MySpace lol.
Quote by $Guitarist$
Wait, do you got pics of said lesbians?

Put me on the list for those pics

Really, though, contemporary pop does have a lot in common with classical music. The use of a single melody with chordal ostinato was a prevalent practice during the classical era. They've changed the voicing from stringed orchestra to distorted guitar, but the concept is the same.

Sometimes, even morons have a little insight.
probably doesn't know alot about music

meh
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Soul Power
The sky is blue.

Quote by sickminded fool
the grass is green

and this thread ****ing sucks.
UNFORGIVEABLE
one time i was like that guitar has nice pick ups and my friend(he plays guitar too) is like whats a pickup. i just slaped him and walked off.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by Isogrifo

actually neoclassical music is a form of music that most people would consider to be in the seemingly all-encompassing genre of "classical," meaning it is typically piano or orchestra based. but it was a musical movement in the early 20th century that drew insparation heavily from the general artistic movements of the 1700's.
All forms of music are conected in a way. Either way if they don't know anything about music, it doesn't make them retards.
Quote by myself101
probably doesn't know alot about music

meh

she's in the school band...she knows how to read music FFS..
Quote by Eric 666
she's in the school band...she knows how to read music FFS..

Doesnt mean she has to be a classical - Green Day expert.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Quote by bertskarzi196
pachabel's Canon in D is basically brain stew, fyi

this is what i was going to say. I think this is what your friends meant. Listen to a lot of todays music and you will see the obvious influence.

http://collegehumor.com/video:1731941

for reference...and a good laugh.
I heard Billy Joe Armstrong is a castrato......that must be the link! Your friend is perceptive, eh?
What an ignorance...

...All i know is that the water is wet
If you read this, You just lost 5 seconds of your life.
Quote by ZootCst

Really, though, contemporary pop does have a lot in common with classical music. The use of a single melody with chordal ostinato was a prevalent practice during the classical era. They've changed the voicing from stringed orchestra to distorted guitar, but the concept is the same.

Quote by Presence
Well seeing how music has to build off the styles before it, thats not all untrue...

QFT
:snyper:

Quote by bertskarzi196
pachabel's Canon in D is basically brain stew, fyi

No, it's basically Basketcase...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Eric 666

If they are hot lesbians then they are fake. Real lesbians are dick withering fugly
im going to kill myself tonight if i dont get those pics.

VoltanEchoes: nice name. viva la volta
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Lloyd.. just when I though you couldn't possibly get any dumber, you go and do somethin' like this... and totally redeem yourself!!

This has been a Dumb and Dumber moment.
We're only strays.
I bet you were all sitting in a circle around this glass object, on
a rug, and the room had a mysterious smell of smoke in it...
Page 1 of 2