Page 1 of 2
http://www.wfsb.com/news/10735436/detail.html

That was my apartment complex today. The news says that the cops only had shotguns, but I clearly saw them with semi-automatic rifles. And hey! That's MY apartment at 1:30!

Sorry there's no point to this thread. I just like sharing.
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
they checked every apt building for that lady
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2

Quote by Nelsean

Quote by stringmagician
Is there some sort of problem with them having assault rifles?

Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Is there some sort of problem with them having assault rifles?

cops shouldn't carry guns..
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
Quote by matt47569

I disagree.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
it was crazy- i'll tell you that. seeing packs of 4-5 cops with big guns and a K9 walking around the complex... that on top of the police helicopter...
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2

Quote by Nelsean

Quote by stringmagician
Quote by MuffinMan
I disagree.

I seccond that

Our police officers are given that privallage to protect us....and themselves....

I am trying 2 say something from American History X....
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
Quote by stringmagician
They needed troops of cops with dogs, semi-automatic rifles, and shotguns, to take out one woman with a long gun?

Well lets say there is only a couple cops wiht a semi-automatic or a shotgun. Cop without them finds lady and gets shot because he has a pistol and she has a rifle. Hmmm?

And I agree that police should be allowed to carry weapons.
Quote by Vos
Well lets say there is only a couple cops wiht a semi-automatic or a shotgun. Cop without them finds lady and gets shot because he has a pistol and she has a rifle. Hmmm?

And I agree that police should be allowed to carry weapons.

Or

Cop goes into apartment unarmed and simply taps the woman on the shoulder, and kindly asks her to drop the gun.

She puts the gun to his face, then says "If I knew how to shoot this thing......grrr boi!"
yo.

I BELIEVE
cops are meant to protect the community, which means they have to protect themselves. if they saw a woman with a long gun, asked her to put it down and aimed it at the cops, as far as i'm concerned the cops have every right to incapacitate the woman, as harming (or threatening to harm) an officer is one of the worst offences one can commit. and you'd like to have better firepower for that possibility.

also, i'm guessing your average cop doing his beat around a suburb doesn't carry a sub-machine gun.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
The press doesnt know an AR from a Shotgun. Whats the big deal? My dads a cop, he has a tactical 12 gauge and an AR 15 in his truck and a 9MM on his belt. Cops carry guns, its just what they do.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by matt47569

no one should have guns, infact we should all go kill ourselves because we are the cause of all in this world (the good and the bad, and the bad outweights the bad...if you believe in good and evil...ya shutup about philosophy, no ones right, no ones wrong, just kill all humanity...)

pepsi
Quote by pepsi_lovr
no one should have guns, infact we should all go kill ourselves because we are the cause of all in this world (the good and the bad, and the bad outweights the bad...if you believe in good and evil...ya shutup about philosophy, no ones right, no ones wrong, just kill all humanity...)

pepsi

Well done my friend.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by pepsi_lovr

pepsi

You first.

I'm kidding I agree with you.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by The_Cory
This is why police need assault rifles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVg8US8tBtc
It happened in North Hollywood in 1997. The robbers had full body armor and automatic weapons.

I agree that they need weapons. Police are here to protect people. To protect people they need the ability to apprehend criminals. In order to have the ability to apprehend people, they need the advantage. If criminals have weapons and the police don't, they have no advantage. So, therefore, they need weapons.
Last edited by johnmalkin at Jan 13, 2007,
cops should have manual weapons, nothing more. I mean, have you seen the amount of bullets that get fired in some situations?

anyhoo, yea the cops are gonna lie to the press. Fucking pigs.

EDIT:they should however have the ability to call in SWAT who are armed with assault rifles.

i just don't think that the average copper who signs up and gets in should be given an auto rifle.
Last edited by blynd_snyper at Jan 13, 2007,
flash back to that incident in cali i believe where 3 dudes ripped out of a bank with ak's and a G3 assault rifle.. Wearing body armor i may add.. cops coulndt do s/// so they took a hop to a gun store and picked up a few m4's. no more bad guy.

Unless your thinking that every cop should go "dog the bounty hunter" and carry tactical pepper spray..
I dont know...

Lets talk about the weather!

Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Wait, I had an idea other than killing and skull fucking? What's up with me today...
i dont get why cops would use shotguns and assult rifles to take out one woman with a long gun. Are they not very well trained ? cause it would be alot more dangerous to other people using those sorts of weapons.

lol sarcasm people
Quote by HangmaN47
cops SHOULDNT carry guns
sorry to say it buts its Americas gunlaws that mean they do
here in the UK most officers never go near a gun, the few who do are in the Special Response units and rarely get better than a pistol, and they rarely use them

In situations where the police are shot at, or anyone is shot at and there is no other option, police should be allowed to fire, THEN they are protecting people, by carrying them all the time theyre raising the stakes and practically challenging people to do better than them

Personally I believe its like this
UK should NOT give all cops guns, neither should any other country that doesnt already
For America its too late, the availability of guns for civilians is now too broad, personally I reckon SOME of Americans beliefs about guns for selfprotection etc are stupid..but thats me
oh dear i've started a revolution..
Quote by HangmaN47
Quote by tushmeister
cops SHOULDNT carry guns
sorry to say it buts its Americas gunlaws that mean they do
here in the UK most officers never go near a gun, the few who do are in the Special Response units and rarely get better than a pistol, and they rarely use them

In situations where the police are shot at, or anyone is shot at and there is no other option, police should be allowed to fire, THEN they are protecting people, by carrying them all the time theyre raising the stakes and practically challenging people to do better than them

Personally I believe its like this
UK should NOT give all cops guns, neither should any other country that doesnt already
For America its too late, the availability of guns for civilians is now too broad, personally I reckon SOME of Americans beliefs about guns for selfprotection etc are stupid..but thats me

so you're saying we shouldn't own guns???? what's wrong with that, guns don't do anything wrong, it's certain people that use the guns that do bad things with them, i own a rifle and use it as recreation (target shooting), i (and most people in their right mind) would never shoot someone unless it's the very last resort in defending yourself, and guns aren't available to anyone off the street, you have to have (at least in GA) a background check and a license to own a firearm, it's illegal to own anything automatic, so it's not like anyone off the street could walk in and buy a SAW or anything, cops should be able to carry guns, if they didn't have a gun, and got in the situation where they needed one, i'm sure it'd be just fine when they had to call for help with someone who had a gun, i mean, i'm sure the gunman would just take some time out to wait for the cop's backup...
Quote by stringmagician
They needed troops of cops with dogs, semi-automatic rifles, and shotguns, to take out one woman with a long gun?

Yes. They should have brought a tank too. On a more serious note It makes me feel safe that police carry millitary grade weaponry. I mean what should they carry? Those little night sticks? Even if civil weapon laws were stricter, people could still easily get their dirty hands on AK-47's.
I've seen cops with assault rifles before...at my school...a few months ago. I also saw my school resource officer walking around with an Assault Shotgun. I also saw some crazy guy with long hair and a Glock in one hand, Ruger in his pocket, pacing back and forth around my school. Needless to say, he got arrested.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by matt47569

uhh cops do have guns, in their holster of course, and cops with SEMI-auto rifles n shotguns, they're probably raiding some house.
Hmm. In normal times, your average beat cop shouldn't have guns. But, I live in one of the most dangerous cities in the country, and the coppers can't do jack because they're probably more ill-equipped and ill-prepared than the criminals they're meant to be stopping. In high-crime-rate areas, they should be armed and should know how and when to use it. ****ing pepper spray will do nothing against an armed robber or smack dealer.

However, they should also have stricter training, much stricter background/history/psychological checks and regular re-training. I've seen some truly moronic, biased, judgemental and thoroughly unsuitable people in uniform that probably shouldn't even qualify for fast food outlets.

All in an ideal world, of course.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Jan 13, 2007,
My guns help me get all the ladies. BAM!!!
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by AsianPirate
http://www.wfsb.com/news/10735436/detail.html

That was my apartment complex today. The news says that the cops only had shotguns, but I clearly saw them with semi-automatic rifles. And hey! That's MY apartment at 1:30!

Sorry there's no point to this thread. I just like sharing.

Besthoff reported the complex has seen violence before. In 1998, an 11-year-old girl was murdered by a man as she finished her paper route.

WOAH SOMETHING ELSE WENT DOWN 9 YEARS AGO! I guess that place is crime central.

That was a unnecessary bit to add at the end of the article.

Personally, I think it's common sense that if someone can simply get hold of a firearm from a store (regardless of checks, people can always find a way around them) that their police force should be adequetly armed. Over here it's a case of (as has been said) only certain divisions/Armed units using guns. Most of the guns in the UK are either smuggled or imitation guns that have been converted (supposedly it only costs a few hundred quid to convert an imitation to a working gun) Even just a slight mutter of the word 'gun' armed police men just suddenly materialise.

Sure there's a good argument for the general populace having some form of open access to guns, either for hunting or for 'protection', but living in a country where it isn't in place, makes it hard for me to sympthasise with that view. The only time I've been in the presence of a gun is the armed police at airports. Sure guns, just like drugs, find a way into the country, but personally I feel better off that guns aren't publicly available (though I think you can acquire rifles for hunting use.) Not saying that I think places like the US should change their ways, who knows what crime would be like if things were different, plus as has been said society over there is used to living with guns in such a manner.

Anyway, gangs only seem to waste their bullets on each other over here, they stick to knifes when robbing people 'round these parts.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
so you live in compton?

me neither.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Rifles aren't always automatic...It's called semi auto.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by blynd_snyper
cops should have manual weapons, nothing more. I mean, have you seen the amount of bullets that get fired in some situations?

Ok dude first off an assult rifle doesnt mean its full auto. The AR 15 which is what they are using is considered an assult rifle (hence the AR) and its semi auto. No one said they were full auto, you just assumed that cuz you dont know what an assult rifle is.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Ok dude first off an assult rifle doesnt mean its full auto. The AR 15 which is what they are using is considered an assult rifle (hence the AR) and its semi auto. No one said they were full auto, you just assumed that cuz you dont know what an assult rifle is.

AR doesn't stand for assualt rifle. I think it's armalite, I'm not sure. Anyways...theres an actual defination of assualt rifle. Can't remember exactly what it is but one requirement is FULL AUTO OPTION.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by abcdboy
AR doesn't stand for assualt rifle. I think it's armalite, I'm not sure. Anyways...theres an actual defination of assualt rifle. Can't remember exactly what it is but one requirement is FULL AUTO OPTION.

Assault weapons vs. Automatic weapons
Primarily limited to the United States, the term assault weapon is a political term used to describe a variety of semi-automatic firearms that have certain, mostly cosmetic features associated with military or police firearms. The 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban defined as assault weapons semiautomatic firearms with the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and two or more of the following:
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Page 1 of 2