What are youre favorite strings to plug in on your guitar? I was taught that DR strings were the best and I simply believe it now. They're so easy to move with. And the D'arrio or whatever strings are good too.
Ballz On Parade
Part of the Emo Dies in 2007 club, PM DownInAHole. or cockzit to join
erine ball 9 gauges
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
I stick with ernie ball super slinkies. Im not just being a raving fanboy either. Ive tried many different brands and gauges but these always sound and play the best ON MY GUITAR.
I can't say that these will be perfect for everyone though as guitars and players differ extremely.
i don't like ernie ball
Quote by Inno_a_Satana
"and the lord said unto brother micah, "dude, just go f*ck yourself""

"Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife."
Quote by NeptuneUK
I stick with ernie ball super slinkies. Im not just being a raving fanboy either. Ive tried many different brands and gauges but these always sound and play the best ON MY GUITAR.
I can't say that these will be perfect for everyone though as guitars and players differ extremely.

if you like using bends then these are denfinatly for you. if not then best bet is a higher gauge, like 11
The Big Three

I like bends. And bends like me
The 11s dont sound as good on my guitar with what I play.
I don't know how to describe it... but they just sound different somehow. The thin ones play nicer anyway.
maybe it jacks up your tone alittle? i've heard it can do that if you go from like 9 gauges to 11 or 12.
The Big Three

Possibly, I didn't like it as much as the 9s anyway. It is quite possible that the rubbish pickups (which I am replacing! \o/ ) contributed to the poor sound experience
I use flatwound chromes (D'Addario's) on my Artcore and generally either 10 gauge ernie balls on my ultra-gp.

I generally can't tell much of a difference between strings but on a hollowbody flatwounds sound AMAZING.
I'm not a fan on slinkys, every time I've put some on they never seem to stay in tune (even with stretching). Just too unstable for me. I use Dean Markley or Elixer's both 11-52. Great strings although the markley's sound good they don't last very long.
I use Dean Markley Blue Steels. I've tried a few other brands and the Steels have been the most durable and pure sounding in my experience.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
DR Highbeams. 10-52. I just switched over from Diaddario 10s , which I used for years, and am very impressed.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Last edited by joining_heads at Jan 13, 2007,
Well i recently switched to 9-46's but they didnt have d'addarios at the shop so i had to buy ernies and i like d'addarios more than ernies so d'addario 9-46.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
rotosound yellows/ ernie ball slinkies/ yngwie malmsteen signature...etc.
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
At the moment I have D'Addario 13s that are older than the guitar they're on, but I like Ernie Ball hybrid slinkies, and skinny top heavy bottoms. I doubt I could ever use super slinkies, they seem way too thin for me.
Ernie Ball Hybrids
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Dean markleys rule the blue steels are great 9- 46
Gear

Axe : Washburn A 20v with floyd rose trem and seymor duncan pickup

Amp: shittie Peavy rage

Bass: Hack one

Acoustic : Yamaha fg 300 a

coming around xmas digitech rp 250