Hi guys, I dont feel like playing the guitar is for me at all. I still have a chance to return everything I bought at Guitar Center. Should I return them? I dont feel like its something I can learn and dedicate my time at. I really want to play an instrument but, not quite sure if Im dedicated enough to actually play the guitar. I've heard of people that has been playing the guitar for over 20 years and still they are still learning. So I cant say that its something that anyone can actually master.

So what do you guys think? I've spent close to almost $1000.00 on my rig and I dont want that money to go to waste.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I dont have the time to practice either. I'm pretty busy.
all instruments are hard man, so theres no easy road. if your serious about not going with guitar then yes return or sell everything, but keep in mind you WILL NOT get all that money back. i hope you find whatever instrument your looking for.
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
Quote by 4# 5b (Tritone)
all instruments are hard man, so theres no easy road. if your serious about not going with guitar then yes return or sell everything, but keep in mind you WILL NOT get all that money back. i hope you find whatever instrument your looking for.

What do you mean "I won't get all that money back"?
www.ebay.com

I don't think you can simply take your used equipment back to shop and get a refund because 'you don't like it'
The shop is under no legal obligation to refund you all your money.
well you never stop learning no matter how long you play for. It's not something you should give up on until you give it a real try. You can play as often as you want and be as good as you want its not like you have to play like 10 hours a day every day for the rest of your life or anything. Just do what you want.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
did you think it was going to be easy?

stick with it, start small, everyone wants to get out there shredding like crazy when they first start playing, you gotta know where to start.

stick with it, the best advice i can give you is pick two or three riffs or songs, and practice tho, and once everyweek, record yourself trying, you'll see improvement faster than you think.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
if they buy it back it won't be at sale price. thats how companies work. if there no profiet then theres no point in selling. they will keep some of the money if you just want to resell everything. if you spent 1000 i'm guessing you'll get about 850-900 back, maybe
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
ah, thanks for the reply guys. I think ill keep it and give it a try hehe. I might just spend a few bucks on lessons or what not. Maybe take guitar lab next semester. Thanks again for the great advice. I'll keep it and if Im not satisfied with how I play, then I might give the rig to an old friend back in the philippines who was the one who actually got me to play a guitar.

Hell be happy. THanks
Quote by pinoyplaya
Well, I can return it, it still hasnt been 30 days yet.

There you go. You haven't been playing long enough to know if it's for you, tbh. Starting out's always slow.

And Satch_Boogie there gives good advice also. You don't need good equipment at this stage.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
No instrument can be mastered. You will still be learning after playing for 20 years no matter what instrument. This is part of the appeal of playing an instrument (for me, anyway). It would be pretty boring if the amount of improvements you could make were finite.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
its not as hard as you think man, if its not yet 30 days old it im guessing u havnt been playing too long. When I started playing it took me a month to be able to do a powerchord shape comfortably. You just need to stick with it, try getting a teacher at first.

And like has been said, u always learn new at anything, no matter how good or how long youve been doing it. This isnt only with instruments, it applies for everything in life.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by pinoyplaya
Hi guys, I dont feel like playing the guitar is for me at all. I still have a chance to return everything I bought at Guitar Center. Should I return them? I dont feel like its something I can learn and dedicate my time at. I really want to play an instrument but, not quite sure if Im dedicated enough to actually play the guitar. I've heard of people that has been playing the guitar for over 20 years and still they are still learning. So I cant say that its something that anyone can actually master.

So what do you guys think? I've spent close to almost $1000.00 on my rig and I dont want that money to go to waste.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I dont have the time to practice either. I'm pretty busy.

guitar isnt sometihng you have to dedicate yourself to. if you want to become a professional in a few genres (fusion and neo classical) you have to commit yourself quite a bit. but one doesnt have to play 12 hours a day! seems like youve playd like 2 weeks or something, and now you already say youre giving up.

well, if you think that its just not your thing, no ones gonna make you play guitar. but if you feel that you cant "dedicate" yourself enough, those are pretty hard words for one who has played like 2 weeks...
Why did you by $1000 in gear if you were just starting out?

MetalMilitia212 speaks the truth...

Besides that, let me add that after one month, I could hardly do an arpeggio and downtuned to C just so I could do powerchords quickly... yeah... so don't give up so quick! try something fun!
i have been playing guitar for about 3 yrs, and i didnt bother learning chords until 2 yrs into my playing. I had no teacher and i taught myself how to play. Then when some other people moved in around me i knew chords and basics by then and i started playing with them and it helpled alot. Try playing with people you no that play drums or something and just mess around and half fun, because thats what its all about. Good Luck To you.

By the way what type guitar / amp are you using no one has asked yet.