This is slightly off subject but my best friend's uncle designed the Metal Muff. Or at least one version of it. He worked at Electro Harmonix and he had people like the bass player from Wolfmother come in and try out a ton of pedals. It's pretty cool.
Hey Metal, I forget to ask you before, is the Metal Muff real tinny like all other guitar pedals or does this one actually have cajones?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
Hey Metal, I forget to ask you before, is the Metal Muff real tinny like all other guitar pedals or does this one actually have cajones?

When it's on normal mode, it's totally bassy, kinda distorted fuzz. Not overdrive, just fuzz that was distorted. Weird to describe, but that's what I think.

When you put on the top boost, depending on what bass + amp combo you're using (ie my SR506 + GK Backline 115 makes it sound more biting, the Squier + Kustom bass amp it sounds kinda tinny and way trebly, although for some reason it seems like a volume lost on that setup, but iunno). It's pretty good, I'm not nearly done tweaking it.
haha
Yes it's always good and it has been good everytime someone asks this
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I believe he uses an old russian Muff.

If youse cats want, I'll put up a video of me playing with my muff thru my rig.
haha
yeah thatd be awesome, im going to the store to test it out today
That would be great Metal, I think I'm gonna go try out the Metal Muff sometime soon at GC to see how it sounds. I think I'm going to be getting the Muff instead of the EQ pedal.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Well I'm convinced, I'm going out and buying a metal muff tommorow lol.

Nice vid, sometimes I concentrate too hard on what I'm playing to take in the tone so this was what finally convinced me.
Dude... That Muff sounds like some ****ing mental shit there. I'd get one if I didn't already have my Big Muff and had some money
Quote by musiclover2399
Well I'm convinced, I'm going out and buying a metal muff tommorow lol.

Nice vid, sometimes I concentrate too hard on what I'm playing to take in the tone so this was what finally convinced me.

Definitely enjoy the Metal Muff, just don't be afraid to tweak with it. The EQ takes a big part, I generally like bass & mids to be totally up and my treble to be slightly boosted, but with this pedal I have the bass & treble just up and the mids slightly scooped. It isn't what is generally what works for me (I am a hater of scooped mids) but for this pedal it just works well. Also, I keep the gain on about 12 o'clock, as it feels like the bass gets too undefined when it's higher up.

And if you guys want another reference point, my other video is with my the GK's overdrive channel.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Definitely enjoy the Metal Muff, just don't be afraid to tweak with it. The EQ takes a big part, I generally like bass & mids to be totally up and my treble to be slightly boosted, but with this pedal I have the bass & treble just up and the mids slightly scooped. It isn't what is generally what works for me (I am a hater of scooped mids) but for this pedal it just works well. Also, I keep the gain on about 12 o'clock, as it feels like the bass gets too undefined when it's higher up.

And if you guys want another reference point, my other video is with my the GK's overdrive channel.

where did u learn to play stuff like that !!!!!!!!
Last edited by Crazy Horse at Jan 14, 2007,
So I was thinking about just getting the Pocket Metal Muff since it's only $63, but it only has a Volume and Dist. Knob and then a Mid Scoop Switch (Hi, Lo and off). But if the EQ on the pedal plays such a vital role I don't want to cheap out and not get the control I may need. What do you guys think? Cheap out, spend some of my gift cards on the Muff and have some left over for more goodies (strings, picks, strap) or spend it all on the Muff?
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
So I was thinking about just getting the Pocket Metal Muff since it's only $63, but it only has a Volume and Dist. Knob and then a Mid Scoop Switch (Hi, Lo and off). But if the EQ on the pedal plays such a vital role I don't want to cheap out and not get the control I may need. What do you guys think? Cheap out, spend some of my gift cards on the Muff and have some left over for more goodies (strings, picks, strap) or spend it all on the Muff?

Don't skimp, I say.

Then again, my full-sized Metal Muff cost $66... so... become buddies with a guy who works at GC.
haha
Weak.

Well, it's a forty dollar difference, and with that extra $40 I planned on getting a strap and some flat-wounds for my semi-hollow and some picks (you can never have too many I've discovered)

I have a friend who works at GC, only, she's the door person, not much pull there.

EDIT: There's also the Micro Metal Muff which is about $75 and has the same controls as the Pocket Muff but it has a Tone to knob on it to control hi/lo frequencies. I don't really want to spend all my money on just a pedal.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Last edited by hatebreed219 at Jan 15, 2007,
I'm buying it from GC with my GC gift cards, not cash.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10