I'm looking at a fuzz pedal right now, and I'm not really sure what type to get. First off, I want that Hendrix fuzz sound. I know he used a Fuzz Face, but I've heard bad things about the Dunlop reissue, so I'm not sure. I don't really like the Big Muff sound, just in case somebody was planning on recommending that. :snyper:
roger mayer effects google that
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
According to Wikipedia:

The man who created the Big Muff was going for a Fuzz Face sound, but he wanted it to be a little different. He let Hendrix try it out, and he said he'd use it on his next album. Its a shame, though. Hendrix died later.

That's what it said on Wikipedia. Not exactly what it said.
Sent from my iPad.
No real options except for boutique unfortunately. Check out Analogman or my sig. There are heaps of other FFs out there too by other builders.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
You can always spend quite a bit more on the actual Arbiter Fuzz Face, or you can buy one from TPQ.
Sent from my iPad.
Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz or Axis Fuzz.
Or Pink's.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
you could build your own too, but that's kinda time consuming. whole lot cheaper, though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!