So i have an Ibanez Rg370 dx and im thinking its time to upgrade those crappy INFS to some real pickups. My pickup setup is H-S-H but im only looking to upgrade the Humbuckers. My price range is basicly $160-$180 CANADIAN I will not spend more than $180 for pickups. I've been checking out the Evolution DP159's and they sound pretty good.

So my question basicly is will I be able to afford those pickups, and if I won't can anyone suggest any pickups that are really good for like clean and clear shredding.
Thanks.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

EMG. period.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
I'd worry about your amp before anything else. New pickups aren't going to drastically change your sound. Honestly, you'd be wasting your money considering what you have.
Amp all the way, there's absolutely no point genting pickups with the clarity and responsiveness of Evo's when your amp is a fizzy box of digital mud.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yes I know im already planning on getting a new amp but i have $180 to spend on pickups so i might as well. Also i know the line 6 is crap but the sound i get out of it when I use my LANDMINE pedal is drasticly BETTER and different than when i just use my amp alone. I already have a good tone I just need some new pickups.

So since noone really answered my question....Can I afford the Evos with my $180 and if i cant what other pups can i get with that price range?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

You can afford Evo's, but it's pointless because the clarity and quality of the tone won't make it out of your amp...your rig isn't good enough to take advantage of them so they give you the benefits you're looking for.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ye but i already have the money and im gonna buy a new amp soon in a couple of months so i think its a good investement. O and what the hell i just called my local music store (long &mcquade) and they said a pair of evos will run me about $100 a piece.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

Did you also consider the price of having the pickups installed? I install my own pickups (very easy, at least to me) but some people don't have any experience with wiring or soldering and just bring it to their local music store. I know most stores charge around $40-$50 per pickup.