Lately iv bean getting a sharp pain in my wrist i took a brake for about 5 days and the pain went away. Then later when i picket up my guitar did some of those worm up exercises while trying to take it slow. Sadly the sharp pain came back after a while . Well Ive bean wondering if something similar has happened to any one of you guys and what you did about it. Thanks
I'm gonna assume you didnt just start playing guitar, because that might be normal otherwise.

I think you should probably get that looked at. It might be nothing, but if your hand falls off, then it wont hurt when you play guitar, it will be impossible to do so.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
ya iv bean playing fore more than 3 years and i never had any pain at all. until now.
I had this problem today too. Especially when I play barre chords. I've been playing for about a year and a half now.
hmm there might be a few reasonss 4 this:
1. ya cut, Im all for emos but sometimes it hurts ur playin. lol
2. The fors few months I played all the blood rushed to my hand and wrists, it hurts kinda like that
3. ur doin somethin wierd or strenious with it..

thats all i got.
God Bless Hardcore,

Matt
Maybe you're strap is too low. If it's below your waist, it's too low. It may look cool to little metalhead wannabe kiddies, but the truth is, a low strap will put your hands in an akward position, and can hurt your hands.
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

actually like a year ago i had the same problem.. i wore some kind of fingerless padded gloves on my Fret hand to keep it from moving,... it worked actually
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by modestmouse9191
Maybe you're strap is too low. If it's below your waist, it's too low. It may look cool to little metalhead wannabe kiddies, but the truth is, a low strap will put your hands in an akward position, and can hurt your hands.

Actually I've been playing sitting down. And I've been keeping my arm perpendicular to the guitar neck like my teacher has told me to.
Quote by andersoncouncil
Actually I've been playing sitting down. And I've been keeping my arm perpendicular to the guitar neck like my teacher has told me to.

Hmmm....

Maybe your thumb is too high up on the neck?

Lol, if anything's too high or too low, it causes pain
Quote by krymson

Quote by VR2005

well i ware my strap half way between like half way between my wast and belly button.

Guitarplaya27 do you mean one of those gloves for lifting wast how would that help i dont understand
Quote by ETmyday
well i ware my strap half way between like half way between my wast and belly button.

Guitarplaya27 do you mean one of those gloves for lifting wast how would that help i dont understand

yes i mean one of those gloves for lifting weights...
well i ddont know how it helped.. but it kept my wrist muscles stable, my joints and bones from going to any weird positions... it made sure i didnt curl my thumb too much around the nekc...
try it
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by modestmouse9191
Hmmm....

Maybe your thumb is too high up on the neck?

Lol, if anything's too high or too low, it causes pain

Thanks, I'll try that.

PS. your avatar is amazing.

I could also use some clarification on the glove thing. Edit: oops, nevrmind
Last edited by andersoncouncil at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by andersoncouncil
Thanks, I'll try that.

PS. your avatar is amazing.

I could also use some clarification on the glove thing.

thanks i made it myself

And the words are actually a quote of one of the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy books.
Quote by krymson

Quote by VR2005

If it hurts, STOP. You probably have wrong technique and form, because like with every other activity if you are experiencing joint pain you are doing it wrong.

EDIT: Or excessively.
Last edited by IlIk2plygUItAr at Jan 13, 2007,
I didnt read everyone else post so i dont know if you already know this but your not suppose to set your guitar are your knee your suppose to hold it at a 45 degree angle between your legs but make sure the guitar fits you not that your trying to fit the guitar. also you dont want it to slanted or the pain may come back, it works better to have a strap while doing this but you can still play like this without one. i really reccomend you try this because your wrist isnt bring cutting off your blood vessals its very strait and if your gonna play for the rest of your life then this way you have alot less chance of devolping carpel tunnel or other hand problems any other questions just pm cause i probably wont check back but try wqhat i say and i hope it helps
wrong hand position, power ball and push ups. more variety in your movements should help byt cut down on all of it a little
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club