i just started getting an interested into playing blues. but the problem is that when i went to the lessons section of UG for the blues things. i could not understand one thing. is their any help i can get to help me out?
"Somewhere out there is a big-ass forest of weed." - Thomas Alva Edison
Well the best way is lessons, but since that costs money. I say get a few good books, they go into detail and explain every topic. What exactly are you having trouble understanding?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
What I would suggest:

Take lessons form Andy Aledort!

He's got several guitar world dvd's out (with an accompanying book and dvd guide), one of which is how to play the blues. I've got the Hard Rock/ Heavy metal, Ultimate How to Play Rock, and Blues and Blues rock DVDs, ALL of which do a REALLY good job of explaining the basics of everything, and then take you through to "advanced" levels .

To acompany the blues (or any other Guitar World DVD by Andy Aledort) DVD, I'd suggest getting a book by Bill Edwards called Fretboard Logic. It does a GREAT job of explaing the basic ideas of guitar, and guitar mechanics. 3 books, with 3 vhs's/dvds, also available in an SE edition which has books 1 and 2. www.billedwards.com .
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
learn the 12 bar blues formula, learn pentatonic scales, practise your phrasing, and that's it (blues is extremely simple)
Learn the pentatonic scale, and listen to some good blues music. Not much to it, just practice and learn what sounds good.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Quote by deluxity
learn the 12 bar blues formula, learn pentatonic scales, practise your phrasing, and that's it (blues is extremely simple)

well what's 12 bar blues formula?
"Somewhere out there is a big-ass forest of weed." - Thomas Alva Edison