Tapping? Didn't watch the video but seeing as it's Trivium...
Cheesely staged harmonics.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
it looks like just tapping, but theyre doing it over the top of the neck. Maybe theyre tapping harmonics? Some people like to tap like that.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by Bobbert
i was wondering if there is a specific name for that under and over pull off type technique

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4eSJIncbw it shows it at 2:25
in this video

yes, showing off.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
They're being dumb and doing a showy lame metal gimmick. Dragonforce does that en masse. They basically just play the guitar like a keyboard in solos. Haha.

Yeah, its not a technique, its a gimmick.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
I dont think theres a name for that. And yeah, MAB always uses that shit like its cool.
Ballz On Parade
Part of the Emo Dies in 2007 club, PM DownInAHole. or cockzit to join
Personally I like seeing this. Went to see my mates play a gig and the headliner was a metallica cover/tribute band. During one of their origonals the lead guitarist did this, was a great move as it caught everyone in the place by suprise and everyone there was amazed. It maybe showing off and some may not like that, but it's all about showmanship and entertainment so I don't see why it's a big deal.

Anyway, don't know what the name of it is but it's pretty easy to learn if you're half way decent at guitar already. Best doing it using the same string, say the g string. Using close by frets, say 7, 9 and 10 and hitting the open strings while you are flicking your hand round. Feels really weird at first but keep at it for about 15 mins a day for a week and you'll be doing it very easily. It's good for amazing the crowd, despite people hating other showing off, people like to see something that looks amazing and is very entertaining.