do any of you find it difficult to practice for a long time on school nights? how often do you usually play for? i usually on school nights play for about an hour or hour and a half......but on weekends i can usually get in 4 to 5 hours.
4-6 hours for me, but that's cause I don't give a rats ass about homework so yeah. On weekends even I think it's obscene the amount of time I spend on the guitar, but that's if I get the chance, because sometimes work will get in the way. If you really want to spend more time on guitar all you have to do is this, set everything aside (other than homework which I should be doing) and just play man.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
I usually get in a good 2 or three hours on school nights. I play as long as i can until my mom tells me i have to focus on my studies and threatens to take my guitar. Then i stop for 30 minutes and plug back in on low volume.
Well i'm a freak so I play guitar/bass 'till at least 1am on school nights. And if not, then I put in a Dream Theater or Rush DVD. I really regret it in the morning though when I can't get up.
On school nights, well I get home at 3:30, then I do homework till 4:30 (usually). then I start playing at 5, until 9. So I guess no.
and weekends I get up to 14 hours sometimes.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
do any of you find it difficult to practice for a long time on school nights? how often do you usually play for? i usually on school nights play for about an hour or hour and a half......but on weekends i can usually get in 4 to 5 hours.

yea on soke school night i dont play at all..
but on the weekends it is all i do usually
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
yeah ive played about 2 hours but the night is still young Ill play later in my room like i guess for a good 2 to 3 hours...yay 5 hours....
Just cut out the useless stuff. Go home, do your homework right away. Don't have music on, don't have television going. Once the homework is knocked out, play the guitar. Go to bed, repeat.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
i will have time after january. the last couple of months have been extremely tough on me and has put a stop on me and music.
yeah i always take a nap when i come home. then ill eat dinner, thenill play the geeter for about hour to hour and a half, then w/e time ive got left over i spend on hmwk
School doesn't really keep me from playing, but not being home does. Friends always want me to go some where, then I'll come home at 2 and pass out.
I'm out of school but for the past week I've been waking up at 9, practicing until 3 with one band, and then practicing from 4 to 8:30 with another every day. That's hard. Especially when both bands are based almost an hour's drive away from my home. Luckily I have plenty of places to stay.
We're only strays.
I practice every day for 2 hours. If I cant play it all at once I break it up to 30 mins per session but adds up to 2 hours. On slow days i'll play more but I also have other instruments that I have to practice for a longer period of time. But I make time to practice. It helps that at school I have a guitar class where the teacher is very strict with his lesson plans.
* casualty01 slinks away, sad, with a paddle in one hand and a strap on in the other.
I normally play 2 - 5 Hours on school nights. I warm up for 30 min, Play along to songs for about hour and a half, two hours. Then the rest of my time I either try and figure out songs, write my own stuff or just mess around
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412

Col. Catman of the KISS ARMY UG REGIMENT:
PM Sloopy to join up!
Quote by acousticpyro23
I practice every day for 2 hours. If I cant play it all at once I break it up to 30 mins per session but adds up to 2 hours. On slow days i'll play more but I also have other instruments that I have to practice for a longer period of time. But I make time to practice. It helps that at school I have a guitar class where the teacher is very strict with his lesson plans.

i envy you for your guitar class, in school nights i practice at least 1 1/2 hours
I could probably play 6 hours every single day of the week, and more on weekends. I usually play about 2 hours on school nights though.

EDIT: But if I don't have tons of time on weekdays, I always try to get in a few minutes at least, just to play around a bit.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Last edited by TechnicolorBoy at Jan 12, 2007,
i tend to play about 30-60 minutes on weekdays. i could play more if i didn't goof off and didn't have mucho homework. ap calculus is no good. on the weekends, though, i will play for the entire day sometimes.
I've seen emo-er.

Member of the "I am a Fan of Gaycore Wrestle-Metal" Fanclub.
i find it easier to play on school nights, mainly because i usually have spent a bit of time at school thinking about something playing guitar related (like a lick, a riff, chord position, chord prog, etc.) and i spend a while fiddling around with that.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
it's incredibly hard for me to practice on school nights. 2 honors classes, history notes, english stuff, and pre-calc bust my ass 24/7. to top it all off, i have to get up at 5:45 AM to go for 0 period weight training.

oh god, i'm so sore, and it's only the second day.
Go Veg.
I do bout 2 1/2 hours of hw a night

then guitar bout 2

hw takes so long cuz of an honors class n ap euro history
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
i can usually only fit in 1 hour of prac school nights as i hav to do h/w , go to work , prac keyboard too , freestyle moto riding and various sports on some nights . but on the weekend i usually prac for 2-4 so its all good
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
2-3 hours each night. Not that hard. Depending on what mood i'm in, I'll play either guitar or Bass.
~ Please Crit One Of My Songs? ~
~_My_Song_Threads_~

Quote by IndieLee
The_Bass_Poet, I want your babies.