That isn't wood. Wood Putty or Epoxy? Other easily found substances?

Also, how difficult is it to pry the frets out of an instrument with heat applied? Will a simple screwdriver work fine?
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I think you should use pliers instead and pinch them out with heat applied. No pulling motions just pinch it out. I saw in in a video with Mark Arnquist.
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
^ Not with flatwounds.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Epoxy. You can even tint it!
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by CorduroyEW
Use epoxy. Woodfillers are useless on guitars.

Even for fingernail thin dings or scratches? So I've been using the wrong stuff and the paint jobs I've been doing will go horribly wrong in the long run?
You shouldn't even you it for that. Epoxy, superglue, and bondo for electric guitars. Just epoxy and superglue for acoustics. Woodfiller isn't very durable and it's usually more expensive then the other, better, options. It won't go horribly wrong if you use it, it just isn't going to hold up quite as well when you start smacking your guitar into things.
Not taking any online orders.
So I'll set aside the blasted wood filler for when accelerated relicing is desired.

The epoxy or bondo mentioned above, I should go for the higher-priced ones or does it even matter? What should I specifically look for as far as the epoxy is concerned? Anything formulated for wood is fine? Thanks.