pinktuxdude
47 IQ
ughh I and my friend just started a band called The Trust Game, and we got a singer, whos pretty good, exccept hes got sum problems. fur one, he keeps wanting to change the band name, which me and my friend love our current one. Two, he has no musical knowledge, like of notes, or how to play a instrument. He knows like every band in the world though and he knows at least one of their songs.

Also we are having some problems some times to set up practices, so I need sum tips from sum of the vets of the music world.
God Bless Hardcore,

Matt
Zuka
698 IQ
The Trust Game? Wow, I love the name.

Don't change the name, buy an agenda, throw a trumpet at your vocalist.
freebyrd32
192 IQ
i personally dont like the name but my band doesnt have a name yet so its better than what i got
get your singer to learn piano or something general that can help him with his musical skills
greendayguitar
UG's Proud Leafs Fan
1,212 IQ
Get the vocalist to learn guitar or piano or something that could benefit to your music eventually, and go from there.

Also, to set up practices, figure out one day a week or so, and make it ont hat day every week. If you can't make it, you need a damn good excuse.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
pinktuxdude
47 IQ
umm he hates the bands where, the lead singer plays an instrument, hes more of a Taking back sunday, throw around the mic singer. and I cant fire him since hes one of my friends.
God Bless Hardcore,

Matt
GiantRaven
UG Spammer
1,301 IQ
Quote by pinktuxdude
umm he hates the bands where, the lead singer plays an instrument, hes more of a Taking back sunday, throw around the mic singer. and I cant fire him since hes one of my friends.

Oh please

You shouldn't have someone in your band just cause they're your friend
ThePurpleRabbit
Rocks OFF!
555 IQ
Word Raven..

I like your name.. And as said earlier.. Throw a trumpet on him.
Founder Of "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub.
PM me To Join.

Quote by RHDIII
as we all know emo music is basically rock and roll fully evolved to its highest potential

wtf?
Metal_Rich
1,103 IQ
Quote by GiantRaven
Oh please

You shouldn't have someone in your band just cause they're your friend

+1

In the same way, just because they are your friend, doesn't mean you can't fire them.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Sid McCall
(Actually, I'm Scott)
2,713 IQ
I say you're lucky that he has no musical knowledge. As long as he understand that what you do isn't easy, that's all you need. If he knows how to paly stuff, he'll be constantly arguing with you about your parts and trying to change a lot of stuff, which just gets stressful. Besides, the words non-guitarists use to describe guitar techniques are hilarious.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
WayToSuck
120 IQ
Yeah I wouldn't say having a singer that doesnt play an instrument is a bad thing. My band happens to be a 5 piece. (singer, 2 guitarists, bass player, drummer) I say you're better off with two good guitarists than one good one and a singer that can half-ass it any day.
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100
Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume Pedal

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Road King
'69 Fender Super Bassman