Well, which band do you think recorded Keasbey Nights better, Catch 22 or Streetlight Manifesto? Of course they sound similar because of the same singer, but i prefer the Catch 22 version because I think the vocals sound better.
i like the streetlight version. its alot ckeaner and tighter and al lthose other smart sounding words.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
im gonna have to say i like Catch 22 better it the original although i like streetlight more
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
catch 22 cuz its the original, and without it the streetlight one wouldnt exist.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by Barboom
i like the streetlight version. its alot ckeaner and tighter and al lthose other smart sounding words.

Yeah it defnitley sounds a lot tighter which seems to be one of the only real differences that I noticed between the two.

But the problem with Streetlight's take on the album is that most of the songs didn't need to be tightened in the first place. What's cool about the original is how loose it sounded and how the production wasn't as over polished.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
streetlight, cause it seems like a total **** you to catch 22
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
i used to lik the catch 22 version better, but then streetlight's grew on me.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
idk, i only have keasby nights of catch 22. what i hear though is that they got really crappy after tom left.

what i meant was that tom seemed to have made it out of spite, which is kind of bitchin'
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Quote by mike2
idk, i only have keasby nights of catch 22. what i hear though is that they got really crappy after tom left.

what i meant was that tom seemed to have made it out of spite, which is kind of bitchin'

what, made streetlight's keasbey nights out of spite? at the end of the cd he says he made it because catch 22 was going to reissue keasbey nights, exactly the same. so he didn't think it'd be right to reissue it if it wasn't any different, because then people would be wasting $13 on a cd they already had. something like that.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
if he was in catch 22 still and streetlight was never created, do you think he would have felt the same way?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Streetlight definately, they are so much better than Catch 22 both in Keasbey and in everything else
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by Patches McGee
Yeah it defnitley sounds a lot tighter which seems to be one of the only real differences that I noticed between the two.

But the problem with Streetlight's take on the album is that most of the songs didn't need to be tightened in the first place. What's cool about the original is how loose it sounded and how the production wasn't as over polished.

Quite a few lyrics were added to the Streetligth version too, and the horn solos in "Kristina She Don't Know I Exist" are completely different.
Streetlight Manifesto's drums sound like shit, and the guitar tone sounds like a Vietnamese boy being beaten to death by a cat.
I can't stand the re-recorded version.

Catch 22's version is wholly superior.
(and it TOTALLY doesn't have to do with the fact that the original was released almost a decade ago, and I've been listening to that forever...)
However, Keasbey Nights isn't exactly the greatest record ever produced.
Circle that A, motherfucker!
i actually like the sound of all the insturments except the horn section. they sound weird as hell to me.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

I like Catch 22's better, I feel the energy of the band more behind those recordings.