well today i started thinkin about gettin the online for my PS2 and then i didnt know how to hook it up so i came here so heres my problem....

I have high speed and i dont know if i have to hook up the "Ethernet" cable from my PS2 to my compter or my high speed box or werever....or if i can just hook it up to the phone jack even if i dont have dial up....i dont know much of anything really but i need some help
Lamb Of God
Do you have a network adapter?

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I hated PS2 for making the network adapter external, and then they included it for free inside the 'smaller' new slimline PS2.

Greedy bastards....
yo.

I BELIEVE
you can either play on your tv, or you computer screen, you wil need a category 5 ethernet cord, a network access disc and a netwok adapter. Do NOt hook the ethernet cord up to your phone jack, plug it into the back of your modem. You should be able to get a free network access disc if you register your playstaion online, thats wat we did. And you are set. I had to hook it all up for my cousin as i dont own a playstation, but im pretty sure thats all you need.
1)i want to play on my t.v

2) i only have one Ethernet hook up on my computer so i guss il have to disconnect the internet on my computer if that'l work

3) i got an online start up disc does that do anything or is it just so i know what im doin...wich i dont
Lamb Of God
yes i have a usb and if i have to i guess i can play on my comp screen

but only if i have to
Lamb Of God
You need two Ethernet cables. One goes out of the modem into the PS2, and the original one stays in the modem to the PC.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
hook up youe ethernet cord then put the network access disc in the playstation, this will connect you up to central station (i think its called that) where your connection will be tested. And you should have more then one socket in your modem look on the back there should be at least one ethernet jack in it, coz you cant unplug your modem and put your ps2 ethernet in it coz what would give the modem the connection to play ps2 online.
And you dont need two wthernet cables you just need your modem connected up to your pc, plugged in a power suplply and it going from your modem to your ps2.
Last edited by RoCk KeATeS at Jan 12, 2007,
what was the question about my USB hook-ups all about?

and my dad is going out of town and i told him to ask somebody at an electronic place to see the the heck is going on
Lamb Of God
It's cause my router has usb and ethernet, u guys must have some american fancy gadget router...
yo.

I BELIEVE
i wish i just had dial-up.....but anyway, how do i not need more than one Ethernet cable if i need one to go from PS2 to my modem and one for my modem to my high speed box i hope whoever is workin tommorow owns online ps2(you guys are helpin sorta but its easier when u dont have to type everything)
Lamb Of God
You need the ethernet for the PS2, and connect the modem to the comp via Ethernet, if not USB.
yo.

I BELIEVE
my heads gonna burst...i know u think im slow minded and well i am but ok.....my high speed box connects to my modem with an Ethernet cord. my modem only has one ethernet cable input wich is bein used by the high speed box, the high speed box is bein used witht hat same cord...so what the hay....im i scrwed over for the online play or is there still a way...if ur not busy draw some sort of wiring map if you know what im talkin about....if not then i give up
Lamb Of God