Anyone here have either of these and which one would suit specifically metal the best. And im not really interested in tones of versatility here, just good ol' metal. and Yeah i know the artist is set neck with JB's, but can they handle metal? and the FR is a licensed (kinda disappointing) but has active pups. so i cant decide , what do you think? oh and the artist is $50 more which really isnt much of a problem
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
yeah i know its a better guitar but also $200 more, and im planning on an amp upgrade soon so i just couldnt afford it.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
Yamaha EG303
go with the actives
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
ok, yes i know i need to just go and try them out, but i mean if there's a really obvious difference in quality and sound, why even try a guitar that can't get my desired sound. But yes i have to agree that i never buy gear without trying it out like most people, so just checking. And sorry if this was a pointless thread, but should i even try to deal with the Licensed Floyd or is it not dependable.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
Yamaha EG303
Last edited by A7XRemenissions at Jan 13, 2007,
to be honest, i've tried the C-1 FR , the active's are modeled on the JB and Jazz, so tbh the pickups wouldn't matter really, they aren't as high gain as EMG's, but can still get pretty heavy, also they are more versatile, can do cleans much better than EMG's, the LFR isn't bad, if you don't want a FR i'd go with the artist though