so i'm taking this test on the 27th and i'm extremely stressed out.

from the people who've taken the tests before:

i want some details on what the test is actually like.

are you generally a natural at math? or is good at it from experience?

what score did you get on the test?

how did you prepare for it and what book did you use to practice with? and how would you rate the book?

any tips/advices?

thanks for answering.

anyways, i've been preparing for a while now with an REA book.... I heard it's unrealistically hard and inaccurate to the actual test. I can see why because some of the answers are just impossible to think of by yourself. others take like 5 minutes to do even if you know how to do them.

the worst part about this whole thing is that many of my teachers' students have gotten a perfect 800 on the test, so if i don't do well or even get something like 760, i'll still look like a complete dipshit.

aarrghh i hate this shit so much.
Last edited by altronataku at Jan 13, 2007,
i'm good at math (12th grade, doing calculus II)
score: 710
book used: baron's (overprepares you if anything)

the test is for the most part algebra and precalculus kind of work. conic sections/probability were the most difficult things i thought, and the rest was algebra of varying difficulty. all in all i didnt think the test was too difficult, just get yourself one of those prep books (barons, or whatever) and do the practice tests. the difficult part isnt the math (you wouldnt be taking the test otherwise), its more the stamina and being able to concentrate. so do those practice tests to get used to the style of the test and the duration.
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
Quote by deportivo
the difficult part isnt the math (you wouldnt be taking the test otherwise), its more the stamina and being able to concentrate. so do those practice tests to get used to the style of the test and the duration.

i definately agree with that. thanks.