I love this guitar to death already. It plays like butter, sounds like a dream, and looks like beauty incarnate.

Thank you mum, for lending me the cash!!!!

Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
we have the same guitar!! :snyper:
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Wow nice guitar, I really want to get a Gibson (Firebird VII, or an Explorer) I have an Epi. explorer, but I bet a Gibson would blow it out of the water.
you won't believe how amazing that guitar looks onstage with lights on it... all i can say is wow
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
I dont like Les Pauls, Epi Or Gibson, I don't really give a shit, (i dont like how they sound and the feel when playing them, i also dont like the shape,) BUT THATS A DMAN NICE GUITAR DUDE! THANK GOD UR NOT ONE OF THEM CHEAP BASTARDS
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
ohh, it's nice!

EDIT: I'm still not a Gibson guy.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
mine is better

2 reasons

1: it's white, black is overrated
2: it's autographed by Dragonforce.

still, nice guitar though, love how the gold pickups look w/the body
nice...i got that in wine red...kick ass shit dude. love it...

ooo nice, was looking at the white was between the white, red and black. but too many have black...still looks nice. and i dont know if they had a white when i went to buy one. and red is just my colour. i wear a lot / am canadian. haha. wanna post some pics of that white one?
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Last edited by CanadaHckyDude at Jan 13, 2007,
i have that guitar, with silver hardware, and for the first 6 months i had it, i loved the guitar. but then....i hated it. of all my guitars, including that, an ibanez 7 string, a g&l s-500 limited edition, and a strat i built, wit ha scalloped fretboard and such, i play it the least. but thats because it doesnt suit me well, your not going to play necrophagist on that guitar, but no matter, for the price and it being a gibson, its a good guitar.
Yeah sweet I've got the same one but in wine red with gold hardware. I see yours is also missing the pickguard. I think it looks better that way.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
Sorry I'm a dumbass I didnt see the pickguard. Man I'm retarded.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
Quote by led_zep_00
Yeah sweet I've got the same one but in wine red with gold hardware. I see yours is also missing the pickguard. I think it looks better that way.

it has a pickguard, use your eyes.
i like mine with the pickguard (and i have the gold hardware also) just my opinion though. i think i like the black with the white pick guard tho. Your guitar tho haha
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
nice that is some sick shit
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

Quote by DownbëloW
this is my baby

Perpare to get flamed by somebody. People loathe DF around here. But I love them, I might see them in march. I listen to them every day on the bus. Awesome axe btw.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by rockr09
nice, how much did it set you back?

about 2,500 USD.

i practically had to sell myself into slavery to get it.
o.... i thought the studios were the low end gibsons that cost around $1000 or less....

oops
WOW if your paid 2500 american for that lol, u got ripped off the the max, ahahahaha, man i paid 1500 for mine and its white so its a hundred bucks more that the other colors. O thats 1500 Canadian, you could have got like a custom, or a sick standard.
Epiphone EJ-160E 6 string acoustic
Fender american highwayone sunburst strat
Art and Lutherie Cedar 12 string acoustic
Gibson (White) Les Paul Studio
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
Quote by AngelOfSorrow
THANK GOD UR NOT ONE OF THEM CHEAP BASTARDS

so dont u like people unless their rich?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Studios are 999.99 USD now at musician friends. Pretty cheap if you ask me, but only if they lowered the standard's price to maybe...1500 USD ....I wish.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
damn~ so ****in very nice~ i was wondering if u can post pictures of your other les paul guitar too~ PLEASE!!!
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
man i wish i'd have one :P...
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by toogoodd
damn~ so ****in very nice~ i was wondering if u can post pictures of your other les paul guitar too~ PLEASE!!!

Who me? Its just an epiphone, not a gibson ;P

And its all dirty.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for all the congrats :P

Can't stop playing my new baby hehe
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
if you carry that guitar in public, people will beat you up (gibson studio).
Well even though they don't look as pretty, they are the same as standards etc.
I suppose black is the best bet to hide it's what people think it's ugly. I think it looks fine.
She's a beauty.

I'd love to get a real made-in-the-USA Gibson Explorer myself, but I'm not willing to sell myself into slavery just yet. :p
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
I have the same guitar as well, but with the nickel hardware instead of gold. I've customized mine quite significantly since I got it though.

I swapped the pickups for Duncan JB / Jazz, I installed an Earvana nut, and upgraded to some Gotoh locking tuners.

I got the mirror pick guard / truss rod / cavity covers on ebay, as well as the chrome pickup rings. The mirror flames are decals from the auto 'customizing' department at Wal Mart.

I'm really happy with mine. This is one of the best sounding Les Pauls I've ever heard. I still prefer the feel of my Agile over the Gibson, but I'm starting to use the Gibson more and more for band practice, and I'm probably gonna debut it on stage by using it as my main guitar for a gig at the end of this month.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Last edited by Crunchmeister at Jan 13, 2007,
IMO,LPs shouldn't be in black.Black takes away its classiness.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Crunchmeister
I have the same guitar as well, but with the nickel hardware instead of gold. I've customized mine quite significantly since I got it though.

I swapped the pickups for Duncan JB / Jazz, I installed an Earvana nut, and upgraded to some Gotoh locking tuners.

I got the mirror pick guard / truss rod / cavity covers on ebay, as well as the chrome pickup rings. The mirror flames are decals from the auto 'customizing' department at Wal Mart.
Nothing against all you Gibson owners (I myself wouldn't buy one) but if you spend $1000 on a guitar, should you be happy with 99% of the parts already in it? Meaning you wouldn't buy it and spend a bunch more to make it better?
^A proffesional musician will almost never be a 100 % happy with the stock setup on a guitar. Its just that if you buy a 1000 dollar guitar, you'll have less work to do with it than if you bought a 300 dollar guitar.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Ew, gold hardwear.

But congrats anyway.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.